MG ZS EV App for Australia?

Pepe

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi,

I would very much like to be able to make use of the MG i smart app for our car in Australia.

But Apple prevents me downloading it here from the app store. Two questions: can it be downloaded and installed on my iPhone another way and secondly, does anyone know of MG's plans to bring it in to Australia?

I have tried the Viecar USB wireless reader in conjunction with the app Car Scanner. The results are not very relevant to this car although it does read information well enough.

Thanks for reading and look forward to any replies.

Doug

Does your car have the necessary hardware in it for the app to work? In the UK, we don't have the hardware in the car so running the app won't do anything.

does anyone know of MG's plans to bring it in to Australia?
I'm pretty certain that they won't. We don't have the telematics unit installed, so as ARealHuman says, the app won't do any good, even if you could install it.

About the closest you can get is to install OVMS. That is a telematics equivalent, is open source, and comes with an app. But the app can't do much at present. Most of the development for the MG ZS OVMS is happening in the UK, where they are hampered by their trigger-happy body ECU, which sets off an alarm unless it gets the right response to a challenge CAN message. I don't know if we have that problematic body computer in Australia.

Ok and thank you for the prompt feedback. I feel it would be a significant upgrade to the car and its general appeal here.

Doug
Not just in Australia! Other countries too. It should have an app with remote features as standard. Let’s see what the new model comes with when it arrives!

What about the other Chinese bev manufacturers like X-Peng, NIO, BYD etc, will their cars exported around the world be subjected to the same data protection laws as MG/SAIC?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom