MG ZS EV Australia Based Review

Yes - I thought that. They get a sunglasses holder though!

I also think this reviewer needs to get over the fact that most car makers use hard plastics on some parts of the interior of their vehicles. Who in their right mind carries around a piece of equipment with them that measures how hard the plastics are and does the regular buyer really care?

Agreed. I always use Armourall (or similar) on the plastic in all my cars - helps resist scratches and spills/sun cream and easier to clean if needed. Also ups the ‘fancy interior’ level a notch. The newer ‘non shiny’ formulation seems good too. And with no tinting at present, should delay cracking/fading - if I have it that long...

Yes; we got tinting the first week we picked the car up and have found the sunroof is very hot in the Queensland summer, see our eco range test video on YouTube, even with the blind closed.

I've owned mine for about three weeks, and I love it so far. It has mostly rained since I've had the car, with only one hot day, so not sure about the sunroof in the heat yet. We had the windows tinted before picking it up, an absolute must in our climate. His comments about the A/C are fair. It works just fine, but it isn't top of the line. I use the infotainment system exclusively with Android Auto, including navigation, and it's brilliant in that mode. Especially with voice control via the button on the steering wheel. You need a good quality USB-C cable, though. Overall, with a few minor niggles, this is a fantastic car that is surprisingly fun to drive. It handles well - much better than the equivalent ICE version - and responsiveness and acceleration are fantastic. I drove my wife's excellent Mazda CX-5 and, by comparison, felt like I was dragging an anchor when taking off from the lights. The EV just gets up and goes like a rocket. Overall, the MG is an excellent EV for the price.

Any one else suffering from the BMS issues here? We took delivery of our ZS in early December, have now done over 3,500kms with the range limitation becoming more and more noticeable. Equalisation charge not working, which I note from the podcast is a feature of this problem. Our dealer appeared to be unaware of the BMS problem, but its booked in for 7 April. I've sent them a link to the podcast and hopefully they'll sort it out! Other than that issue, very happy so far ...

Any one else suffering from the BMS issues here? We took delivery of our ZS in early December, have now done over 3,500kms with the range limitation becoming more and more noticeable. Equalisation charge not working, which I note from the podcast is a feature of this problem. Our dealer appeared to be unaware of the BMS problem, but its booked in for 7 April. I've sent them a link to the podcast and hopefully they'll sort it out! Other than that issue, very happy so far ...
Hi Roger, we picked ours up in Nov 2020, no BMS problems but after 4,500 klms had to take the car off the road due to a faulty steering column. Have been waiting for parts from China since 18 Feb 2021. Was booked in today (01/04/2021) to be replaced but Brisbane lock down put that on hold. Besides that car has been great but very poor service from MG Australia as they should have had these parts in the country given the steering issue was well know overseas.

Hi Roger, we picked ours up in Nov 2020, no BMS problems but after 4,500 klms had to take the car off the road due to a faulty steering column. Have been waiting for parts from China since 18 Feb 2021. Was booked in today (01/04/2021) to be replaced but Brisbane lock down put that on hold. Besides that car has been great but very poor service from MG Australia as they should have had these parts in the country given the steering issue was well know overseas.
I have had the same issue after about 10k kms.

Sorry to hear you’ve had a problem. What exactly was the issue with the steering column?
after a hour parking, when i started the car, this issue occured, it means a issue of steering column, and it is very hard to rotate the wheel, so i had to call for a road rescue.
IMG_20201006_153052.jpg

IMG_20201008_085811.jpg

Thanks. Interesting badging on the tailgate - what does it say?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom