MG ZS EV BT Phone connection

peterseddon

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Had this happen a couple of times now. Phone in pocket, turn the car on, all looks normal. try to make or receive a call and although my recent calls and contacts were there, there was no sound or dial sound from the car. My phone had dialled the number and the call could be made by holding the phone after stopping (not legal or desirable). Is there any way to re-sync the phone or do I have to reboot the infotainment system?

I have had similar and found that stopping and starting the call again allows it to happen. At the moment i am getting unable to sync contacts even though the phone is attached to the car. This is after going to the garage.

The Bluetooth syncing is a mess on this car.

For a facelift model with a new infotainment unit, it's madness that it's not capable of Bluetooth 5 which would at least offer faster syncing and the ability to have two devices paired.

My Ioniq from 4 years ago had it.

MG? Nope.

It the first car I've had in a long time that won't read out text messages on Bluetooth

I've found it pretty useless, when someone calls me even if they are in my contacts it just shows a phone number.
I will suggest you use carplay.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom