MG ZS EV Charge port door stuck

Jeps

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Charge port is stock on my ZS EV. Gen 1
Does anyone know what to do?
I am stocked at home with about 15 % on the battery. So i can't drive it to the dealership tommorow that is located 70 km. away.

Is it frosty ?
A few minutes with a hair dryer should free it up.

In this case it was sub zero temps.

Is it frosty ?
A few minutes with a hair dryer should free it up.
It has been frosty the last 24 hours. I charged to times on a longer journey last night without any problems. It was when i arrived home it was stock.
It was frosty all evening No snow or wet roads on the trip. The temperatur is rising now, so i hope it can solve it self.
If i am going to try with a hair dryer, is there any specific spots to aim for? Or just to heat the whole flap?

It has been frosty the last 24 hours. I charged to times on a longer journey last night without any problems. It was when i arrived home it was stock.
It was frosty all evening No snow or wet roads on the trip. The temperatur is rising now, so i hope it can solve it self.
If i am going to try with a hair dryer, is there any specific spots to aim for? Or just to heat the whole flap?
As @m4rmite mentioned above, sometimes it's a blob of ice that has formed at the bottom of the flap so I would aim there initially.
I find the same thing happens with the tailgate opener too when its been wet then freezes.

Recap.
I used a hair dryer for about 7-8 minutes. No luck. So i opened the bonnet to see If i could help it from the inside. I was holding a flashlight and looked inside a gap where i could se a little bit off the back part behind the charge flap. As i was figuring out what to do next, i suddenly heard a little sound off plastic making a small cracking sound. Then i thought, was this what i think it was!! Was that the looking mechanism surrending?
And that was true, it opened like magic when i pushed the flap😄
I didnt dare to close the flap before i had charged and then i added some silikone around the locking mechanism. And now everything runs smoothly.
So applying a little silikone once in while will be what i do from now on.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom