MG ZS EV connecting to phone even when car is switched off

Bluesparky

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I have had a couple of instances where as I am getting into my ZS gen1 , my mobile phone has rung, I answer and begin a conversation and after 10ish seconds, the sound on my phone goes dead, so I turn the car on and there is my call connected to the car. Have tried it standing outside the car with the car still locked and nothing, but if the car is unlocked and dashboard lit, it definitely connects to the car even though the infotainment screen is blank because the ignition is not switched on. Seems to be a bug in the system as there is no app for the gen1 to be needing a bluetooth connection before turning on the car. Or am I missing something ?

It's the same in the Gen 2, and was the same in the Hyundai Kona. When you unlock the car, the infotainment unit wakes up and connects to any bluetooth phone registered to the car. I thought it was a problem with my phone until I worked it out. :)

I had to disconnect my Chinese eonon radio from my phone in my other car.
That radio was awake behind that black screen ALWAYS....Ignition off, phone in the kitchen 5 meters from the car....Connected.

Radio turned off on the button on the radio, then ignition off.....Phone still connected.

P.I.T.A

Also, it seems that MG was very keen on always connecting to my wifes phone when she was copilot, i had to manually disconnect her phone and then connect my own.

It seems Tesla has actually made it so that if it sees more phones that are paired, you can set the one you want it to then prefer. If my wife and i are in the car at the same time, 98% of the time i am the driver.

Only time she is driving is if she is picking me up, and i am drunk....Which is a good thing, because i have to be pretty drunk, for my nerves to be calm, if she is the driver, and i am the passenger.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom