MG ZS EV delivery confirmed

Mark Holmes

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Happy days, just been called by my MG dealer tonight to be told my car has arrived. They will call me on Tuesday to confirm collection date of either Friday, Sat or Sunday...Really excited and can’t wait, but more importantly delivered before expected date...I’m so happy

Not long to go now either Saturday or Sunday; they are prepping the vehicle from what they’ve said....can’t wait.....

Make sure you get enough charge to get home. We had to go shopping for three hours whilst the dealer slow charged the car for us. They said the granny lead was faulty and it took a while before they found out!!

Okay had the car for a week now and I’m really pleased with it; lots of comments from some of my work colleagues about how good it is and what exceptional value it is for the quality; much better than most expected.
Also as I’ve said in the past there have been some negative comments about the car, it’s interior, it’s ride is infotainment system and sat nav so on and so forth; well all I’m going to say that down sizing from a Volvo XC90 to my MG is not an issue and for me the drive is truly exceptional...what are these other on about or has MG made improvements since the early release models.
Well all I’m going to say is that it’s a brilliant car for the money and worth, in my opinion, more than what I’ve paid. I hope the other MG ZS EV owners all feel the same.

My wife and I feel the same as you about the MG. The car replaced an aging Lexus RX450h with 116k miles on it and still with original pads and disks. However, the Lexus ride quality was always appalling. I would have bought a Toyota EV had it existed but as it doesn’t we settled on the MG. The MG dash is much better screwed together than my Mk4 Prius PHV. Also the scuttle panel beneath the wipers is much sturdier than on the Prius which is cheap, bendy and feels like it could break at any time. Let’s hope the MG goes the distance.

I am really impressed by the build quality and the cabin materials are all okay too. Honestly as I said earlier some of the reviews that I’ve read are really not that good and totally unwarranted; albeit everyone is entitled to there own opinions. I would merely say to anyone who has been put of by some of these reviews test and drive the car yourself it’s really very good.

Our exclusive arrived today in the dynamic red. Only driven it a couple of miles. Need to a) get my head round all the warnings, it particularly seems to like us taking the key for some reason and b) get it onto a rapid as we can't charge on the kerbside.

If nothing else these few weeks in isolation will help us get to grips...

1585087523648.png

In before the lockdown :cool:.

Picked it up an hour before the garage shut....

Our exclusive arrived today in the dynamic red. Only driven it a couple of miles. Need to a) get my head round all the warnings, it particularly seems to like us taking the key for some reason and b) get it onto a rapid as we can't charge on the kerbside.

If nothing else these few weeks in isolation will help us get to grips...
Just make sure slow charge your batteries 7 kWh charger every so often to look after your units, it needs an equalisation charge every so often.

Thanks Mark. My wife can charge for free on 7 kW at work so I'm hoping if she can do that daily (once she's back at work) the local rapid charger will be for weekends and top ups only. Longer term we're going to have to get the council to look at lamp post charging on our street.

This lockdown must have brought an extra level of worry to some folk.....after waiting such a long time.

Keep well.....my car hasn't been out of my garage in a week!

Mines locked away in the garage also........for how long I wonder?
It raises the question of what state of charge should the battery be left in for an indefinite period?
I read somewhere (can't remember where!) that the battery should NOT be left charged to 100%.
Any views on this?

I read it shouldn’t b3 left low in charge, but haven’t heard not to leave it fully charged as they loose there charge overtime anyway..I suppose it important to complete the equalisation charge by trickle charge when possible after storage.

I watched a video by an expert regarding this very subject yesterday, ill try to find it and post from another club member, It suggested that 50% to 80% was the best storage state for various reasons of battery health longevity,

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom