MG ZS EV facelift - Vehicle 2 Load / V2L

The special torx you need are expensive and hard to find. However, a small flat screwdriver will fit "on the side" and do the job too. Worked for me.
No, they're not. £8 on Amazon for a set of long (the screws are recessed) bits.

So can the car be powered off once discharge has been started? When I briefly tested the cable yesterday it seemed so, but we just put the bread maker on for a proper test, and it had stopped when we checked. The owner's manual says you can turn the car on to check the battery status but doesn't explicitly say it can be turned off. I imagine the official adapter comes with more detailed information but that doesn't seem to be available online.

So can the car be powered off once discharge has been started? When I briefly tested the cable yesterday it seemed so, but we just put the bread maker on for a proper test, and it had stopped when we checked. The owner's manual says you can turn the car on to check the battery status but doesn't explicitly say it can be turned off. I imagine the official adapter comes with more detailed information but that doesn't seem to be available online.
How did the bread turn out?

I posted this about a month back in another thread on the same subject on this forum

Hi there is quite a few videos on YT about the V2L one guy there did a wash and tumble dry off his ZS battery only dropped about 4/5% I think it was, and there’s another one where ZS again ran 2 fan heaters and that was he said over 3kw but I’m Dubious about that,yet the car is said to give up to 2.2kw just put V2L in the search bar in YT box and you will find them.
Les

this was mentioned on the podcast about solar panels and home batteries about 3 weeks ago
Les

#Vehicle2Load #V2L #update When your wife asks you to empty the washing machine and put the wet washing in to the tumble dryer during the day (I’m working at home) my first thought is about cost as we have a 2030-0130am cheaper octopus go faster tariff when we normally put white goods appliances on. As a tight Yorkshireman I thought to myself do I try my V2L and plug in my 2.2kW tumble dryer to the MG to gain access to the 5.5p pKw electrons I had already topped up with so I did:) I WAS REALLY DOING THIS AS AN EXPERIMENT TO HELP EVERYONE IN THE GROUP 🙂 Anyway, I started with 66% SoC / 167 mile range and when the dryer finished 75 minutes later the battery was at 63% / 163 miles and the clothes were dry 🙂 It’s definitely handy to have a 70kWh battery bank on your drive 🙂 I now wait for all the silly comments ha…

Has anyone found a way of using V2l without the drl's on. I have managed to tumble dry the washing by having the car powered but if you lock the car as you would when charging it shuts down the discharge after a couple of minutes. I will continue to research but if anybody has found a way it could save me a lot of time!!

Has anyone found a way of using V2l without the drl's on. I have managed to tumble dry the washing by having the car powered but if you lock the car as you would when charging it shuts down the discharge after a couple of minutes. I will continue to research but if anybody has found a way it could save me a lot of time!!
I'm sure I've seen a post about an app that uses OBD2 to turn the DRLs off, or was that the Mk1? Anyone got a link to it?
You can't lock up and leave it though as it apparently triggers the alarm after 10 minutes if I remember correctly.

If you leave the Gen2 powered up and then leave the car, ( forgetting to power it down before leaving ) when you try to lock the doors with the fob, the horn will sound once !.
It will do the same if you have left one of the doors or the hatch slightly open.
Mirrors not folding is another reminder that the car is not locked correctly !..
Ask me how I know 🤣.

No. Unfortunately the HV 400v battery needs to be engaged for V2L to work and effectively that means the car is in ready mode which also means you cannot lock the car whilst in ready mode so the drl's remain on. There is a Thai android only app that you can use (works on mki but not tried it on my mkii) which if you have the right OBDII socket connected to the car and use the app you can read some of the can ECUs/BMS plus there is a feature within the app to turn off/on drl's.

A small update. Test some loads today. I connected an electric radiator and a heatgun.
I pushed i to 16A on 220v. Only running for 2 minutes, but I think that’s good news.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom