MG ZS EV Front window heating

uali

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi all.

When turning on the front window heating or AC blowing on My MG ZS LR it starts the charge on the car if it’s plugged in.

I have my car charging on schedule during the off peak rate from 12.30-4.30am. In the morning when I go to work at 7 I pre heat the car but this then makes the charge start again( at the more expensive rate)

Is there anyway I can stop this from happening?

Yes use the timer on the charger not the car but at the end of the day it's only 10 minutes

What is your peak rate? For example, if it's 40p/kWh, then 10 minutes to heat the car will cost around 6p. If you unplug the car then you get a reduced mileage as it uses the traction battery to heat the car. Swings and roundabouts. :)

When plugged in and climate engaged my car will pull c7kwhr - at 42p that’s c£2.80/hr or about 50p for 10mins. I find it irritating that the car is charged on a cheap rate and climate on the peak rate when plugged in, but that’s where we are I’m afraid. I would far rather use the HV pack to run the climate pre-conditioning as I rarely need the extra mileage.

Do you have a charger that locks (so you cant charge) eg Hypervolt. If so put it in locked mode and then heat. Or just unplug before heating, which yes means having to go outside and do that. But if you don't want to pay higher day rates then thats what you have to do.

What is your peak rate? For example, if it's 40p/kWh, then 10 minutes to heat the car will cost around 6p. If you unplug the car then you get a reduced mileage as it uses the traction battery to heat the car. Swings and roundabouts. :)
Valid point. Thanks

unfortunately my charger doesn’t have timer so I can’t stop it but useful to get the feedback. Thanks everyone

When plugged in and climate engaged my car will pull c7kwhr - at 42p that’s c£2.80/hr or about 50p for 10mins. I find it irritating that the car is charged on a cheap rate and climate on the peak rate when plugged in, but that’s where we are I’m afraid. I would far rather use the HV pack to run the climate pre-conditioning as I rarely need the extra mileage.
I’m in the same boat. It’s not a massive amount but surprising there’s no work around

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom