MG ZS EV IN IRELAND ....... How is it going?

Waiting in Ireland

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Only two days to the new 222 Registration. Lets hear when you get your new wheels - when you ordered - from which dealer.
I thought we needed our own section of the forum that was relevant to us.

Posted this in ship updates.
I have been informed that my car (White, Exclusive, ZS EV LR is on its way and will be with me just before the end of July. Ordered 17/12/2022. Good luck to everyone waiting patiently. They are on the way. ENJOY

Collected my Black, Exclusive, ZS EV LR yesterday. It arrived in the Limerick branch a week ago. Ordered it in January. Great car bar some minor niggles.

Picked up mine 2-3 weeks into July. Seems like a batch arrived for July, initially ordered in Dec and initially due for March.

Has been great. First few weeks I did some tours around Ireland. Notched up 1500km. Three separate longish trips 300km, 410km, 470km. Only needed to charge on the last one as it had a good chunk of motorway and AC needed.

Last few weeks is in my normal trips. School run, work, shopping etc. Need to charge every 2-3 weeks. Which I can do in work for free so that's great.

The things I never knew it did.

You can play movies from a USB on the infotainment. Great if you are sitting in the car for a bit.

Quick access screen on infotainment by swiping down from the top. Let's you turn on Bluetooth, change brightness etc.

Bad things.
Rain (important in Ireland) comes in the window and drips on the electric window controls when driving. Also when you open the door a few drops will pool inside the door and drop in the seats.

Bluetooth turns on if your phone gets any message. Doesn't play just switches to Bluetooth. Annoying when listening to the radio.

Speed control (reads speed sign and slows you down) can only be turned on in settings. You end up not using it as I always forget to turn it on.

Good things:
Lovely to drive. Really fast, really comfortable.

Boot is a great size, fits buggy, loads of shopping etc without issue.

Goes forever on a charge.

Bubs, I had the same news as you. My car was supposed to arrived in March, I was told June then October.

The car performance is great, very nippy. It's well built and feels solid. The app is quite useful for checking charge status and viewing the car status remotely. Will be useful in the winter for pre-heating the car

There a few things that I don't find great.

I sometimes have to plug in my phone twice to get the infortainment system to detect android auto.
Android auto doesn't seem to allow for split screen mode. i.e. Have maps and spotify on the screen at the same time (A Peugeot 106 has this!)
No Amazon Music or WIFI hotspot setting - This is listed in the brochure on the Irish Website.
Can't customize the quick launch screen - it seems a bit pointless

I'm still getting used to the start/stop sequence and the charging connect/disconnect procedure. I'll get there.

Bubs - Did you try disabling Bluetooth and using Carplay/Android auto for your messages. That works great on mine. It reads out my whatsapp messages and allows me to reply using my voice.

The issue I find is I will be listening to the radio and get a notification on the phone. The radio switches off the radio and turns on bluetooth :)

I have to press the SRC button. which changes the input, to get back to the radio.

Android Auto is flaky enough. Sometimes I've to plug in and out a few times. But I did upgrade the cable so that helped.

I also just bought a little box that plugs in so I can watch Netflix on the infotainment! Also lets you do wireless Android auto and that seems to work okay.

There seems to be no voice controls for the car. But If I have android auto turned on the Voice control button does work to control that. But I can't for example open the sunroof.

Hi Guys,
We are nearly identical in order / delivery timescale. Mine was ordered 17th Dec 2021 delivered 15th July 2022.
Love the car and the features, not so crazy about the energy nonsense but tailoring things around it.
Done 3600 km and getting 14.5 kw to 100 klm and on the full charge showing 524 km (I know its estimated guess on the driving style etc but getting a better than advertised range and the charge times are good) So to sum up the car is a great bit of kit and great value for the money.
When delivered the maps were not fully installed but after a few hiccups Joe from MG called out to the house and sorted the issue .... Now that's what you call service. Take a bow JOE.

Can I ask you guys if Amazon Music or the wifi hotspot is enabled in your car? It's listed in the brochure as a feature. There has to be a sim card in the car or how else would the App work.

Hi Bubs, There is no voice control on the Irish cars but apparently they might be in the next models to make up for the loss of the sunroof. Just means it won't open the sunroof lol.

I asked my sales guy about the lack of Amazon Music and Wifi hotspot that it mentions in the Irish brochure. He said he'd see what he could find out.

My worrying is that all the safety systems came up with failures when I was driving. Later when I started the car it happened again when on my driveway and the car locked up. Wouldn't start for 30mins. MG are checking it out on Monday.

Hi All,

Just found this thread so thought I'd update.

Ordered LR Silver Exclusive from Linders in Dublin on 05/01/22. Originally expected delivery in April\May before it all fell apart. New Delivery schedule expected for Late Octover\November.

Have read on a few forums that MG have been contacting dealers saying no more delivery in Ireland until new year. Visited my dealer and was told not true as they expect delivery of over 20 units over the next 2-3 months to fulfill orders.

Will update as soon as I hear any more.

farrells,

I ordered mine at the same time. Linders didn't have any available for the March time slot so I went to Sheilds in Ennis to place the order. I was then told May for delivery, then July, finally October but ended up getting it in August. No logic to it really.

Given how many are being supplied to Ireland - I believe less than 50 in the batch mine was in, it's going to be a rare car to see on the road.

In other news - MG are taken mine in to be looked at today to see if they can get to the bottom of the error messages. Will provide an update as to what they find.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,

Just found this thread so thought I'd update.

Ordered LR Silver Exclusive from Linders in Dublin on 05/01/22. Originally expected delivery in April\May before it all fell apart. New Delivery schedule expected for Late Octover\November.

Have read on a few forums that MG have been contacting dealers saying no more delivery in Ireland until new year. Visited my dealer and was told not true as they expect delivery of over 20 units over the next 2-3 months to fulfill orders.

Will update as soon as I hear any more.
Hi there Farrells,
Welcome and hang in there, hope you get your chariot soon and just wanted to say is worth the wait.
Best of luck !

farrells,

I ordered mine at the same time. Linders didn't have any available for the March time slot so I went to Sheilds in Ennis to place the order. I was then told May for delivery, then July, finally October but ended up getting it in August. No logic to it really.

Given how many are being supplied to Ireland - I believe less than 50 in the batch mine was in, its going to be a rare car to see on the road.

In other news - MG are taken mine in to be looked at today to see if they can get to the bottom of the error messages. Will provide an update as to what they find.
Hi Davo, Any news on your issues? Hope they sorted them for you.

Picked up mine 2-3 weeks into July. Seems like a batch arrived for July, initially ordered in Dec and initially due for March.

Has been great. First few weeks I did some tours around Ireland. Notched up 1500km. Three separate longish trips 300km, 410km, 470km. Only needed to charge on the last one as it had a good chunk of motorway and AC needed.

Last few weeks is in my normal trips. School run, work, shopping etc. Need to charge every 2-3 weeks. Which I can do in work for free so that's great.

The things I never knew it did.

You can play movies from a USB on the infotainment. Great if you are sitting in the car for a bit.

Quick access screen on infotainment by swiping down from the top. Let's you turn on Bluetooth, change brightness etc.

Bad things.
Rain (important in Ireland) comes in the window and drips on the electric window controls when driving. Also when you open the door a few drops will pool inside the door and drop in the seats.

Bluetooth turns on if your phone gets any message. Doesn't play just switches to Bluetooth. Annoying when listening to the radio.

Speed control (reads speed sign and slows you down) can only be turned on in settings. You end up not using it as I always forget to turn it on.

Good things:
Lovely to drive. Really fast, really comfortable.

Boot is a great size, fits buggy, loads of shopping etc without issue.

Goes forever on a charge.
I had the same problem with the rain dripping in. I fitted wind deflectors and they alleviated the problem somewhat.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom