MG ZS EV Infotainment system in India, I WANT IT.

Upgrade the car or infotainment system? I've often wondered if the UK infotainment system can be swapped out to one which has the hardware for the app (but then I guess there's issues around the country the hardware is operated in).

Upgrade the car or infotainment system? I've often wondered if the UK infotainment system can be swapped out to one which has the hardware for the app (but then I guess there are issues around the country the hardware is operated in).
I have to say that the App doesn't bother me, but this system seems to show a helluva lot more information regarding the battery than ours show, not sure if india has the App either?

I have to say that the App doesn't bother me, but this system seems to show a helluva lot more information regarding the battery than ours show, not sure if india has the App either?
We have the app as well. Got my ZS Exclusive variant 5weeks back. I'm from India.

So you have access to the car to pre-heat the car and pre-cool the car with the App.?
Yes, I can pre-cool the car from the app-stays ON for 10mins. It's a great feature when parked under hot sun.

India and Asia have access to all the built in functions that this car is intended to have from the get go. As far as I understand, our lack of "over the air" functions and app support is due to there being no European server. EU has strict rules about data/personal information leaving the EU.

Having said that, it would be a benefit for MG to build the infrastructure in Europe to strengthen their position in the market.

India and Asia have access to all the built in functions that this car is intended to have from the get go. As far as I understand, our lack of "over the air" functions and app support is due to there being no European server. EU has strict rules about data/personal information leaving the EU.

Having said that, it would be a benefit for MG to build the infrastructure in Europe to strengthen their position in the market.
So, there is no embedded SIM card as well, for the cars sold in Europe?

So, there is no embedded SIM card as well, for the cars sold in Europe?
That could be. I'm not sure if the cars sold here are different hardware wise or if it's a matter of the software installed in the European models.

It's a shame because lack of app support (IE ability to preheat/de ice your car) is a deal breaker for many here in Norway. It was not an issue for me since I've never owned a car with that function, so I don't miss what I've never had. :p

Is that an MG or an MB showroom?
jokes aside the infotainment system really is awful, I mean really not suited to a car in 2020.
especially the navigation side of things, just so slow and buggy, I could go on. The infotainment system will be one of the only reasons I am likely to change yet car….

Is that an MG or an MB showroom?
jokes aside the infotainment system really are awful, I mean really not suited to a car in 2020.
especially the navigation side of things, just so slow and buggy, I could go on. The infotainment system will be one of the only reasons I am likely to change yet car….
The update for the infotainment does make a difference, if you have not had it done ask your dealer, it is a lot quicker now I've had mine done😃

Well if the next release doesn’t match our Indian friends spec, then I’m going elsewhere for my replacement in 2023…as for EU data restrictions - this has to be the biggest pile of BS I’ve heard - Tell me please how MS Azure, which has data centres all over the world and Amazon, which has French and German site Servers, do business all over the EU and in the UK?
All use tons more personal info than a car’s OS could send….it’s rubbish now, especially as the Data Protection act/GDPR stuff is all being revised due to Brexit. No - it’s a cost saving exercise which in the long term will lose them custom - like me, unfortunately, cos what I have, I like.
I just want more…or at the very least parity with Indian releases…

as for EU data restrictions - this has to be the biggest pile of BS I’ve heard - Tell me please how MS Azure, which has data centres all over the world and Amazon, which has French and German site Servers, do business all over the EU and in the UK?
All use tons more personal info than a car’s OS could send….it’s rubbish now, especially as the Data Protection act/GDPR stuff is all being revised due to Brexit. No - it’s a cost saving exercise
I had similar thoughts, then remembered Huewei and how that kit is being ripped out. I think the data thing is an assumption (on here?) rather than fact, although I stand to be corrected. Also remember that MS etc. do not comply with GDPR/Privacy Shield/Schrems etc. in their current forms - it's just nothing has been done about it.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom