MG ZS EV long range Bluetooth to mobile phone connection

MellyW

Standard Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to enable the Bluetooth to mobile phone connection automatically when turning the car on. At the moment I have to connect it each time I start the car.

Is there a way to enable the Bluetooth to mobile phone connection automatically when turning the car on. At the moment I have to connect it each time I start the car.
I believe most mobile phones once paired connect automatically to the stereo when unit is switched on. Check Bluetooth settings in your mobile to see if there is an option/setting to automatically connect. If not then you may need to disconnect the stereo from the Bluetooth on your phone then clear the cache on the Bluetooth phone app. After this try pairing to the stereo again and see what happens. I had this problem way back on another car and this solved the issue. If you do not know how the clear the cache then look up your phone model or android/iOS to find out how to do this. It may not help but worth looking into.

I believe most mobile phones once paired connect automatically to the stereo when unit is switched on. Check Bluetooth settings in your mobile to see if there is an option/setting to automatically connect. If not then you may need to disconnect the stereo from the Bluetooth on your phone then clear the cache on the Bluetooth phone app. After this try pairing to the stereo again and see what happens. I had this problem way back on another car and this solved the issue. If you do not know how the clear the cache then look up your phone model or android/iOS to find out how to do this. It may not help but worth looking into.
Thanks, tried as you suggested with no success. On my previous mk 1 ZS EV it connected automatically with the same phone. Maybe MG changed the way it connects

Thanks, tried as you suggested with no success. On my previous mk 1 ZS EV it connected automatically with the same phone. Maybe MG changed the way it connects
Sorry it didn’t work but worth a try. Maybe contact dealer and let them know of the issue. It may well be a Bluetooth module fault on the infotainment system or even a software update. Just a thought does your phone have to be unlocked before it connects?

I have found it connects automatically if I am on a call before I get in the car. Not worked out the other times it connects automatically.

I also have this issue. Been to the dealership to check for software updates but they said it’s up to date.

Have you tried resetting the infotainment unit? Have you tried the 10mm spanner solution? Worth a try.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom