MG ZS EV MK2 - RECOMMENDED SETTINGS

MGBE94

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I will collect my ZS EV LR next month.

I wonder what settings you guys recommend (for airco, LKA, cruise controle, etc..) ?
And do you often use android auto ?

Thanks

Last edited:
I will collect my ZS EV LR next month.

I wonder what settings you guys recommend (for airco, LKA, cruise controle, etc..) ?
And do you often use google car play ?

Thanks
Is it a Trophy Connect? You will probably need to turn off the MG Car Voice Assistant to get Android Auto to hear you - but the Android Auto Experience within the car is great. Even when not in it's full mode.

Lane Assistance I have disabled, but my wife has hers on alert only.. Also I turned the indicator volume down - there's a thread on that.

Upvote 0
Is it a Trophy Connect? You will probably need to turn off the MG Car Voice Assistant to get Android Auto to hear you - but the Android Auto Experience within the car is great. Even when not in it's full mode.

Lane Assistance I have disabled, but my wife has hers on alert only.. Also I turned the indicator volume down - there's a thread on that.

It is a Trophy Connect

Upvote 0
Turned off LKA the very first day, don’t like it at all.
I am not a fan of self driving modes myself.
I tend to use the HVAC system on a “as and when” basis.
The preheating function from App is a brilliant feature and 22 degrees is the general default temperature setting, but can be increased.
Using the ECO driving mode will reduce the cabin heaters ability to keep the inside of cabin clear due to misting up.
When making manual adjustments to the HVAC system, it can sometimes revert back to recirc mode !.
This will quickly cause missing up of the cars interior also.
Favoured driving mode ? - Normal !.
I am a IPhone user so no experience of the A.A. Platform sorry.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
And do you often use android auto ?
All the time. Prefer google maps to built in sat nav.
Is it a Trophy Connect? You will probably need to turn off the MG Car Voice Assistant to get Android Auto to hear you.
Mine responds to both "hi google" and "hello mg" with no issues at all.

Upvote 0
I use MG Pilot all the time and have no issues with it. I never used to like Android Auto, but invested in AAWireless dongle and now I love it. Google maps in satellite view looks so much better than the in-built Sat-Nav.

Oh, and forget the auto main beam headlights, they are cr*p.

Upvote 0
When binding your phone 📲 to the car it may be easier with email rather than number. It’s the only hassle I had with our ZS LR. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Upvote 0
All the time. Prefer google maps to built in sat nav.

Mine responds to both "hi google" and "hello mg" with no issues at all.
Thanks for replying, I'll see if turning it back on works in both our cars. I've done 600 miles so far so still getting to grips with things myself.

It never worked in my car in Android Auto mode but worked fine in my wife's for a trip with her phone.. then the android auto screen changed to allow multiple windows (which is better) and then stopped listening to voice.

I'm on Android 14 so didn't know if it was just a clash with the latest version. Maybe turning it off and then back on in the settings gives it a kick, if not then not too much is lost from turning it off.

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom