MG ZS EV Mobile phone tethering

Miglegic

Established Member
Reaction score
Do you know if mobile phone tethering is possible in the ZS Trophy? So sat nav connects to live traffic using iPhone connection like in many other cars.

Do you know if mobile phone tethering is possible in the ZS Trophy? So sat nav connects to live traffic using iPhone connection like in many other cars.
If you are using Apple CarPlay and Apple Maps for your navigation, you get live traffic through apple maps anyway, the same is true through Android and google maps with android play.

If you are using Apple CarPlay and Apple Maps for your navigation, you get live traffic through apple maps anyway, the same is true through Android and google maps with android play.
Quite, but wondering if car's own sat nav can use my phone's connection for live traffic

Quite, but wondering if car's own sat nav can use my phone's connection for live traffic
I wouldn't bother, even if it could, the cars sat nav is trash compared to Apple or Google maps.

I do not think you can tether the phones internet connection though.

I wouldn't bother, even if it could, the cars sat nav is trash compared to Apple or Google maps.

I do not think you can tether the phones internet connection though.
[/QUOTE
I have tethered my phone to use the data hot spot from it to play Amazon music from it.

Doesn’t the trophy have a sim anyway for live traffic and nav updates?

Doesn’t the trophy have a sim anyway for live traffic and nav updates?
Yes but its only for 1 Gig of data a month so it would use it pretty quick playing Amazon Music. I'd keep that 1 gig for times when charging by using an App if my mobile could not get a signal. I'd turn the cars hot spot on and connect my phone to it to use the App.

You connect the car to your phones hotspot in homescreen / settings / wireless network

But how did you manage to connectu
Yes but its only for 1 Gig of data a month so it would use it pretty quick playing Amazon Music. I'd keep that 1 gig for times when charging by using an App if my mobile could not get a signal. I'd turn the cars hot spot on and connect my phone to it to use the App.

You connect the car to your phones hotspot in homescreen / settings / wireless network
Ah ok. Yours is connect fair enough.

My question is about enabling trophy sat nav to use mobile data from bluetooth connection.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom