MG ZS EV multiple safety warnings & no infotainment system but the car *will* drive.

Bramsie

Novice Member
Reaction score
this morning i get my of the charger and want to drive,
NOT!!!!
the system is brake down no infotainment , no beebs, but a slowly function of the software ,
and all safety warnings ; pedestrian is out , hill decent ; front collision , and a red signal safety system failure,
tryed to disconnect the 12 volt batterie but this is no solution, the software is very slow but the car can drive,
tommorow I will visit a garage

Yess ,, yesterday it was okay, and the 12 volt batery is oké , I think the system want to start up, because there is ticking sound in my speaker system.

Good luck with getting it sorted out, will be interested to know what the MG garage says....all these MG faults aren’t doing the brand any favours 7 year warranty or not it’s still a massive inconvenience and they need to get it sorted.

I have emailed my dealer this evening to ask that they ensure that all the latest software updates are applied to ours before we collect it on Tuesday ! Point well made Mark re brand, there will always be a few issues along the way but as long as the dealer network and MG are on top of it with appropriate resolutions it will be fine :)

same as here?

we've got resolved the problems with some updates from our dealer, latest update is from February and fixed all these problems - unfortunately we did not got the i-Smart update for scheduled charging.
also no update version from the dealer for the onboard charging controller.
after this updates average consumption (10% highwahy, 90% city) dropped to 14.5 kW/h on 100KM

same as here?

we've got resolved the problems with some updates from our dealer, latest update is from February and fixed all these problems - unfortunately we did not got the i-Smart update for scheduled charging.
also no update version from the dealer for the onboard charging controller.
after this updates average consumption (10% highwahy, 90% city) dropped to 14.5 kW/h on 100KM

Sorry what does this actually mean as I’m new to the EV world and waiting on my MG ZS EV?

Exactly, just don't worry, MG / SAIC tries very hard to fix small and large problems quickly - there can be hickups, but it's the same everywhere :)

can you please explain what you mean by this comment, is the vehicle more efficient thus going further than intended

“after this updates average consumption (10% highwahy, 90% city) dropped to 14.5 kW/h on 100KM”

thank you

what I want to say is that we initially had very high consumption with the MG, the same driving profile and almost the same temperature with ~ 19kWh / 100km before!

I guess this was the mistake, the update has fixed a bug with US, I don't mean to say that there is an update that reduces the consumption of EVERYONE.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom