MG ZS EV Pick up is tomorrow - any traps or tips?

Deleted member 10911

Reaction score
As the title says, pick up is tomorrow, are there any traps or tricks I should be aware of, as I / before I take possession?

Remove the aero caps on the wheels and check for scratches?

There are a few other threads on car pick up day. Use the search bar. Did you ask them to charge it to 100%?

There are a few other threads on car pick up day. Use the search bar. Did you ask them to charge it to 100%?
I didn’t, however the dealer confirmed the car was on charge awaiting pick up.

some Interesting comments from the dealer, but I’ll wait for pickup before sharing.

Get them to connect your phone.
Check that your granny charger And cable are there.
Spend as much time as you can going through the apps on the screen.
Check that the AA paperwork is in the glove box.
As you are about to leave say “ oh where are the mats”

Good luck and enjoy what is a great car for the price.

Vic🦜

When we set up the App my phone (Samsung Note 10 ) itwould not read the QR code. My wife's iPhone subsequently read it easy. So once read by that I just logged in with password on my Samsung (ie no need to do reading of the QR code on both phones).

Vic🦜
and turn off lane keep assist

Vic🦜
Thanks Vic!

I didn’t, however the dealer confirmed the car was on charge awaiting pick up.

"On (your granny) charger but - oh! the apprentice switched it off by "mistake" oh well there's enough to get you home isn't there?" 🙄👍🏻
some Interesting comments from the dealer, but I’ll wait for pickup before sharing.
Where's the fun in that?

Attached is the excel checklist I created to take along (borrowed a Tesla one and modified it heavily)

Further to be added:
  • Ensure drainage plugs are removed from front doors - including tape (this had not been done with mine)
  • User manual and service guide in glove box
  • Take pry bars (plastic) to remove aero guards, service are unlikely to know how to remove them
  • Take snacks for kids
  • Ensure all promised gifts are provided

Car is home.

Attachments

• Car Checklist - Copy.xlsx
    13.4 KB · Views: 271
Attached is the excel checklist I created to take along (borrowed a Tesla one and modified it heavily)

Further to be added:
  • Ensure drainage plugs are removed from front doors - including tape (this had not been done with mine)
  • Take pry bars (plastic) to remove aero guards, service are unlikely to know how to remove them
  • Take snacks for kids

Car is home.
User manual? Service guide?

Whassat then?

Further to be added:
  • Take snacks for kids

Car is home.
I think a checklist is great. However if you have to pry off your wheel trims to check that the wheels are undamaged underneath then I think there are serious trust issues at play.

I think a checklist is great. However if you have to pry off your wheel trims to check that the wheels are undamaged underneath then I think there are serious trust issues at play.
Reading through the forums on here, a number of owners have taken their aero guards off to find the wheels have a distinctive swirl scratch on each wheel.

Which brings me to the next item missed - check under the bonnet as the pre inspection list from MG does not include an under bonnet clean for transport dust.

Attachments

• 456A17B2-A214-4448-9979-19BEC295AFA1.jpeg
    456A17B2-A214-4448-9979-19BEC295AFA1.jpeg
    545 KB · Views: 100
  • 29291670-18C4-4AA4-92D0-D9676E1BA732.jpeg
    29291670-18C4-4AA4-92D0-D9676E1BA732.jpeg
    585.6 KB · Views: 101
Any update on the dealers comments?
Oh yes, dealer comment was ‘we will go through the car and if there are any accessories we have forgotten, we will take care of it at the first service’

Me - ‘accessories you have forgotten? you do have a copy of the sales contract, right? I have a copy I can send to you”

“No, that’s not necessary, we’ve ordered everything, they’re due to arrive today”

“When did you order them? I paid for the car 5 weeks ago”

“It’s been pretty busy, Christmas and all”

“Ok, so what’s missing?

“We have your bootlip”

“That’s it? The bootlip? You know my first service is due in two years, right?”

—crickets—

Suffice to say, I turn up and in my car are some very poorly fitted 2021 ZS EV carpets (temporary until my new ones arrive) All other accessories were fitted as per requirements.

In respect of the first service, according to the onboard computer, it is due in 40k kms.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom