MG ZS EV Pre Heating

Exdro

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Can UK versions of MGzs's be pre-heated? I've heard that the Thai versions can unless it also operates the air con.
My son's Leaf can, and it is a useful option, extending range in these cold days.

Short, sweet succinct answer for which many thanks.
Not the answer I wanted to hear but what I suspected.
Any chance of a new software upgrade to incorporate this feature?
Anywhere it could be posted on a "wish list?"
Does anyone else feel it is required?

TBH, I wouldn't need it as I'm pretty happy that the MG warms up pretty quick anyway and I only use it for short local trips, so losing a bit of range heating it up doesn't matter to me.
But, for those who are doing longer trips, I can see the need to save a bit of battery by warming it up while it's plugged in.

Anywhere it could be posted on a "wish list?"
Does anyone else feel it is required?
Fellow members wish lists:

TBH, I wouldn't need it as I'm pretty happy that the MG warms up pretty quick anyway and I only use it for short local trips, so losing a bit of range heating it up doesn't matter to me.
But, for those who are doing longer trips, I can see the need to save a bit of battery by warming it up while it's plugged in.
Agreed, heated seats are pretty much instant and it's rarely more than 2 minutes to clear the windscreen even when frozen.

We already have a brilliant heater - it’s control we are lacking !. LOL !.
My car is parked on the drive, right outside of my office window.
I just nip out and power up the car and turn on the HVAC, then return to house to check my e.mails.
The car is no more than 6 feet from the window, so perfectly safe.
The only reason you would know it is powered up, is the front DRL’s are on.
No noise, no pollution !.
Return to a toasty car about five minutes latter and off down the street watching all the neighbours frantically scrapping at their windows.

Last edited:
I do the same as lovemyev turn it on ,nip back in the house for a few mins and then off i go nice and warm ..why bother with anything else ,just use what the car has to offer and plug it in when it needs to . How many ev owners used to freeze to death to save fuel when we had ice cars .my zsev is far cheaper to run than any other car i have had including a prius ,so revel in its economy and enjoy .

Yes - I agree - but don’t forget not everyone has a nice secure driveway for their car - that’s where a remote app is extremely useful.

I do the same as lovemyev turn it on ,nip back in the house for a few mins and then off i go nice and warm ..why bother with anything else ,just use what the car has to offer and plug it in when it needs to . How many ev owners used to freeze to death to save fuel when we had ice cars .my zsev is far cheaper to run than any other car i have had including a prius ,so revel in its economy and enjoy .
I agree !.
I am willing to trade off the range lost to be nice and warm myself ?.
The range / cost is a LOT less than somebody running their ICE cars for 15 mins trying to defrost the car and kicking out all that crap !.

I always curse uder my breath when i am picking my grandaughter from school and all the cars are running on tickover with all the exhaust kicking all the visible smoke out. But i have only realised this since i got my last car 'a hybrid' to be honest i have done the same when i had ice cars electric is the future at the moment

Oh ok - thanks. Perhaps I should have known! I had visions of some sort of police type baton used to fend off thieves! 🤣

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom