MG ZS EV Radio Module Disconnected

Burk

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hello together,

I came across this forum while searching for help. We are from Hamburg and have leased the MG ZS EV for 2 years to gain our first experience with an electric car.

So far, we are actually very satisfied and are very happy that we decided to buy the car.
Unfortunately, a problem with the radio occurred 4 days ago.
While driving, it was suddenly no longer possible to change the stations and now the display shows "Radio Module Disconnected".
We have tried many things in the last few days but the radio module remains in the "Disconnected" status.
A station is now permanently on and we can change the volume, but we can no longer change the station.

Has anyone experienced this phenomenon before?

Attached are a few photos.

Please excuse my English as I am not a native speaker.

Thank you very much in advance.

Many greetings
Burkhard

Attachments

• signal-2021-08-03-133530.jpg
    signal-2021-08-03-133530.jpg
    394.3 KB · Views: 1,313
  • IMG_20210803_144208.jpg
    IMG_20210803_144208.jpg
    305 KB · Views: 760
  • IMG_20210803_144157.jpg
    IMG_20210803_144157.jpg
    327.4 KB · Views: 814
I, and others have had this problem.

If you haven't already try the 'turn it off and back on' trick that usually works for any computer, long long press on button that you use to change volume until it turns off and only displays the time.
Then press again to to turn on.

If that fails there are other more dramatic remedies if necessary, but try that first. :)

Hi there, thanks for your advice... I tried it and... same problem... :(

I think the system rebooted but the problem remains...

So it seems to be more dramatic...

Is there any way to connect to the car? With an app or something else to view more settings?

Or does it help in to reset to default in the car menu?

Attachments

• 1628237065675677281609967228831.jpg
    1628237065675677281609967228831.jpg
    314.3 KB · Views: 973
I think you next step is to reset it using the menus, although I'm not sure that does anything different to holding the button to get it to reboot.

Because it's saying "disconnected" it may be one of the plugs that has come loose.
The radio module is behind the glove box on UK RHD models not sure on LHD cars.
Apparently there are a couple of plugs going in to the module that may be loose (one is a USB).

We will have to go to our dealer and have a technician look at it, because there is still a radio station playing. The station we had selected last. So I don't think it can be that a cable or plug is loose.
I will report how this turned out and hope that a solution will be found quickly.

Thank you so far.

Many greetings

You could try disconnecting one of the terminals on the 12v battery, wait a couple of seconds and re-attach.
A hard reset.
This seems to fix a multitude of sins.

I'd try that also.
It may save the inconvenience of going back to the dealer.

OK, the problem has been solved with an firmware upgrade...

but today the next thing happened.
IMG-20210910-WA0007.jpg

we are in contact with the dealer...

OK, the problem has been solved with a firmware upgrade...

but today the next thing happened.
View attachment 4786
we are in contact with the dealer...
When this happened on my car after a rapid charge the car would not go into ready or drive, the AA had to tow it to my dealer who did various things including fault code resets, the car is now back to its great self.
I take it your car runs OK ?

My radio stopped working, and the screen showed : Radio int.. Ive tried to reset the Factory settings, no luck, then i disconnected the 12 volt battery, no luck there either. I had to drive to the dealer, and they updated the infot. with new software for free, and then i was happy and could listen to NRK (Norwegian Broadcasting) again.

While driving, it was suddenly no longer possible to change the stations and now the display shows "Radio Module Disconnected".
I have a mg zs SUV, 2019 ,and I have had the same issue llike u I cannot turn to other channels neitherof only volume works, I've tyred to restart factory but nothing the same ,
not sure what the problem is as it just has happened, and not sure what the issue is ,prob take it to mg garage and find out the course

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a petrol car but it's probably the same
Found this interesting there is a mechanic that works at MG / SamYoung dealer doing videos but this is a easy fix if you have problems I will keep a eye on future videos if anything effects us

I have a mg zs SUV, 2019 ,and I have had the same issue llike u I cannot turn to other channels neitherof only volume works, I've tyred to restart factory but nothing the same ,
not sure what the problem is as it just has happened, and not sure what the issue is ,prob take it to mg garage and find out the course
There was a video fix for this but it's no longer available but behind the glove box is the radio module it needs unplugging and then plug back in apparently its a common problem with ice mg's as well
Some say a battery disconnected could work aswell but it was a mg mechanic that said unplug the module for a minute

Afternoon all, don’t know if I’m on the right topic, but didn’t really want to go though all the 184 pages (or whatever it is) now my problem is when I play music off my phone, it’ll play about 5 songs and stop, if I press start again, it’ll play the first song that played, it won’t go pasted the 5th song..if that makes sense..it doesn’t start at the start of my music..it’s maybe about 10 songs in on my play list..so will start to play song 10, then 11 and so on till the end of song 15..I press play and it starts song 10 again and will play till song 15? any ideas anyone?..

Because it's saying "disconnected" it may be one of the plugs that has come loose.
The radio module is behind the glove box on UK RHD models not sure on LHD cars.
Apparently there are a couple of plugs going in to the module that may be loose (one is a USB).
With the radio module being, as you say behind the glove box, how do you access it? Is access from inside the car or from under the bonnet?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom