MG ZS EV Rear bench seat removal?

StopBurningStuff

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Any idea how to remove the base rear seat (the rear base cushion that rear passengers sit on)

Kids dropped a small stone in the safety belt socket, and now it won't latch.

Need to remove it to fix/replace it.

Any tips?

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-17 at 17.09.36.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-17 at 17.09.36.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 133
Try a strong vacuum cleaner.
Have tried the Henry with a new bag and the nozzle to focus the 'suck' but no luck, might try narrowing the pipe more and taping on to the front. The trouble is the stone is right inside and wedge.... never thought a stone mini toy collection box would cause such an issue :). Thanks

I had a somewhat similar issue (though without any safety implications) when my grandson posted stones down the spout of my pebble water feature pump.
Why are little children obsessed with stones????
He ALWAYS ‘rearranges’ the pebbles, but I hadn’t noticed his latest transformation, and wondered why the water was no longer spilling delicately over the stones. I managed to get some out, but some were really tightly wedged. I managed in the end, with the aid of some surgical forceps, which I just happened to have inherited from my Dad - no idea why he had them; he definitely wasn’t a surgeon!!

So, I wonder whether you have any tweezers or fine pliers which might work with your extraction??

If you can see the stone then a bit of superglue on the end of a wood skewer may get it. There are YouTube videos showing this approach for extracting broken headphones jack out of a socket.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom