MG ZS EV Rear lights on when pre-heating remotely!

Wobbly

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Anybody else had this?
2022 std range MGZS.
If I preheat the car, via the app, before going out, the rear lights come on!
It automatically turns the heating off after 10 minutes and the rear lights go off as well!

Anybody else had this?
2022 std range MGZS.
It automatically turns the heating off after 10 minutes and the rear lights go off as well!
Yes the same with my LR ZS, don’t know why it puts the lights on, does the same when heating windscreen or putting aircon on to pre cool. I’d rather the lights didn’t come on but there you go.

Anybody else had this?
2022 std range MGZS.

Yes, same on my 2022 Trophy LR. Couldn't find anything on it in the manual, it seems a bit bizarre!

My Zoe flashes the indicators twice to signify the pre heating has started, which is OK if your watching it! What if your car is parked the other way round on the drive? ;)
:LOL:

I have pondered WHY they bothered to program / code this really on the facelift model ?????.
Where they travelling along this thought process I wonder.
By offering some sort of external visual indication that heat was being provided to the cabin, by displaying the red lights on the rear of car ????.
Red to represent Heat ............ YES - NO ????.
Pretty thin I know, but I sort of get the logic ( ish ).
Strangely enough, when we had the Gen 1 model and I wanted to preheat the cabin ( no App of course ) I would pop out the car and put it into the READY state.
This would allow me to turn on the HVAC system ( power being drawn from the HV battery of course ) but this would turn on JUST the front DRL's only !.
I have no theory to offer why they did this folks ?.

It also has the hilarious result, when you park nose in, at Asda on a busy Saturday. People tour the car park, then wait either side of the MG, so that they can nip into the parking space, some even beep their horns. Then they look bemused when you appear with, the weeks shop, and both get into the car. :)

Last edited:
New MG owner here, having just got the app working by using phone number to login rather than e-mail address it bemused me why the rear lights came on. Look here and see it's supposed to do that?? Happy now I know so thank you all who have contributed to this.

When using the preheat function to warm the cabin space, the rear tail lights remain ON.
At least this way, you can establish if the preheat command is working correctly 👍.
The front DRL’s briefly flash, on commend, but quickly go out.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom