MG ZS EV refreshed version reviews

A first look video at the facelift ZS for the New Zealand / Australia market. No rear centre headrest and armrest - not too sure if anything else is different to the UK spec:

A walk around of the ZS in Excite trim for the New Zealand / Australia market:

looking at a new mg ev es review done recently past few days there was no sun roof which i know is being stopped but noticed no electric adjusted seats how much have mg taken away still waiting for mine due in october but what am i getting certainly not what i tested in april my order is a trophy

looking at a new mg ev es review done recently past few days there was no sun roof which i know is being stopped but noticed no electric adjusted seats how much have mg taken away still waiting for mine due in october but what am i getting certainly not what i tested in april my order is a trophy
Is it possible it was just a SE model ie no roof rails is the give away

?? What review are you referring to? Most (if not all) of the ones posted thus far are either based on the SE which never included the sky roof or electric seats, or Trophy upwards which includes the sky roof and electric seats.

Either way no review has any bearing on what you actually ordered, which is something you can confirm with your dealer. If you placed an order for a Trophy or Trophy Connect before the specification changed, then it should include those features.

?? What review are you referring to? Most (if not all) of the ones posted thus far are either based on the SE which never included the sky roof or electric seats, or Trophy upwards which includes the sky roof and electric seats.

Either way no review has any bearing on what you actually ordered, which is something you can confirm with your dealer. If you placed an order for a Trophy or Trophy Connect before the specification changed, then it should include those features.
The first wave of facelift Trophy or Trophy connect models in the U.K. have both front heated seats and the drivers seat 💺 is electrically adjustable, passengers front seat however is manually adjustable.
I believe the SE model did not have either of these options or the Sky roof of course.
It was similar on the original Gen1 ZS EV.
But with only two model specs available, the Excite and Exclusive models.
Excite had no heated front seats or electrical adjustable drivers seat and NO sky roof.
Trophy / Trophy Connect ZS EV’s facelift models ordered after either June or July 2022 would NOT come supplied with the pano sky roof is my understanding.
What if anything else has been omitted after this order date, I am unsure about.
The sky roof was a big factor in why we ordered the higher spec models on both Gen 1 & now the Gen 2 models.

Last edited:
The first wave of facelift Trophy or Trophy connect models in the U.K. have both front heated seats and the drivers seat 💺 is electrically adjustable, passengers front seat however is manually adjustable.
I believe the SE model did not have either of these options or the Sky roof of course.
It was similar on the original Gen1 ZS EV.
But with only two model specs available, the
Excite and Exclusive models.
Excite had no heated front seats or a sky roof.
Trophy / Trophy Connect ZS EV’s facelift models ordered after either June or July 2022 would NOT come supplied with the pano sky roof is my understanding.
What if anything else has been omitted after this order date, I am unsure about.
The sky roof was a big factor in why we ordered the higher spec models on both Gen 1 & now the Gen 2 models.
Yep...for clarity's sake re the Mk2 I'm waiting on, it's the driver seat that's electrically adjustable with both fronts heated. There are other differences between SE and Trophy as one would expect from the spec list - know exactly what you've agreed to buy.

From 1st July onward, Trophy omits the sky roof but adds rear privacy glass & the connect features. Like you, the roof was a draw for me and helped justify the price - what they've added in it's place seems like a weak offering. If I had to forgo the roof, I'd rather have had drivers seat and wing mirrors memory, heated steering wheel, staged heating for the front seats (rather than on/off), and the ever elusive rear cabin lighting. I'd also pay extra for a proper heads-up display and decent wheels.

From 1st July onward, Trophy omits the sky roof but adds rear privacy glass & the connect features. Like you, the roof was a draw for me and helped justify the price - what they've added in it's place seems like a weak offering.
I totally agree.
Having the two models of the facelift Trophy in the UK made no sense to me at all.
Standard Trophy then the Trophy connect, it just completely over complicated things and made dealing with these different features a logistical nightmare at the time of build.
Offering the connect option and adding an extra £500 was a bad idea IMO.
IF that option could have been unlocked at the dealer for an extra £500 then okay ( ish ).
But without requesting the option when ordering, the car would be not equipped with the necessary hardware to support its use.
Either included it or not !.
Removing the sky roof has a massive cost saving implication for MG alright, but offering the connect package in exchange, is a "nothing" offer in my book.
The full electric pano sky roof must have a retail cost of about £1,500 if it was fitted as a option.
But the connect package is only £500 - so a very cheap underrated alternative I think.
It's a bit like finding a £1 coin left in the slot of a supermarket trolley, to only find you lost £20 from your back pocket, when you go to pay at the till 🤣.

I watched this video of the long road trip from Norwich to Cornwall. It looks like the kids in the back have got cup holders or bottle holders in the back seats.

I looked on the official MG spec sheet and the downloaded customer manual. No mention of cup holders in the rear.

Am I wrong? Does the ZS come with these? If so, is it just on the Trophy?

Do you mean the rear arm rest?
Screenshot_20220915_143808.jpg
Screenshot_20220915_143842.jpg
Screenshot_20220915_144348.jpg

I watched this video of the long road trip from Norwich to Cornwall. It looks like the kids in the back have got cup holders or bottle holders in the back seats.

I looked on the official MG spec sheet and the downloaded customer manual. No mention of cup holders in the rear.

If you mean the armrest that N2STY has kindly posted images of, then that's not included on the SE - just the centre headrest that I believe the mk1 didn't have.

You can see that here, 2 mins in:

Its on the Trophy.

If you mean the armrest that N2STY has kindly posted images of, then that's not included on the SE - just the centre headrest that I believe the mk1 didn't have.

You can see that here, 2 mins in:

Thanks for that. I ordered an SE, so no rear cup holders for me. Didn’t really think that bit through properly.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom