MG ZS EV Sat Nav not following vehicle movement

oswestryphil

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi
Just got MGZS When I switch on the sat nav it comes up with my location, but when I move off the system doesn't follow. Stays on my parked location, am I missing something?

Last edited by a moderator:
Turn off dead reckoning

Alternative is to plug in a phone, select 'Android Auto' and then start Google Maps.

Avoid the built in Nav.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe the dealerships aren't doing this before handover 😞
Anyone else think warranty work income may be the motive behind not turning off dead reckoning........

I can't believe the dealerships aren't doing this before handover 😞
Anyone else think warranty work income may be the motive behind not turning off dead reckoning........
I can't believe they did not release a bugfix for this bug yet.

Yes, they did say "It is possible" not "we will do this" but to be honest, they advertised this feature a lot, atleast where i live.

Dead reckoning is 'ON' on my ZS and navigation works fine.
Dead reckoning is used for when you loose the SatNav signal, for instance when you go thorough tunnels etc.

Is there a software update to correct this fault? I had the same problem on my ZSLR, but knew what to do thanks to the forum, but going through a long tunnel recently the satnav just froze until we came out the other side, and took a minute to find the GPS co-ordinates again.

Is there a software update to correct this fault? I had the same problem on my ZSLR, but knew what to do thanks to the forum, but going through a long tunnel recently the satnav just froze until we came out the other side, and took a minute to find the GPS co-ordinates again.
This is strange. I have no problem with dead reckoning. On my car it is 'ON' and everything works fine. Purchased my car new in November, don't know if there were any updates applied to the system apart from the maps update I did when I first got the car (Q1 2022)

This is strange. I have no problem with dead reckoning. On my car it is 'ON' and everything works fine. Purchased my car new in November, don't know if there were any updates applied to the system apart from the maps update I did when I first got the car (Q1 2022)
I got mine at the beginning of Sept 22. Dead reckoning does not work so I have it switched to off.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom