MG ZS EV Sat Nav

Kim82

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi all

Got my new ZS EV Trophy a couple of weeks ago but I can’t get the sat nav to work - has anyone encountered any issues in this regard? I’m worried I’m doing something stupid!!

Try the solution in this post:

Hopefully there will be a proper fix over the air soon.

Hi all

Got my new ZS EV Trophy a couple of weeks ago but I can’t get the sat nav to work - has anyone encountered any issues in this regard? I’m worried I’m doing something stupid!!
I had same issue. Dealership hadn't a clue. However after much perseverance I found the issue. Go to sat nav, then settings, then map features. Turn off "dead reckoning". Then reset info system by pushing down and holding the physical home button not the one on the screen. Hold it till the MG emblem comes back on then release. Hey presto the sat nav will now work

I had same issue. Dealership hadn't a clue. However after much perseverance I found the issue. Go to sat nav, then settings, then map features. Turn off "dead reckoning". Then reset info system by pushing down and holding the physical home button not the one on the screen. Hold it till the MG emblem comes back on then release. Hey presto the sat nav will now work
Hi Jim,thanks for advice on Sat nav.got mine working but I can't hear any voice commands how do I turn on the volume for Sat nav.

Great advice! thank you! we had the same issue with our car that we got this week. It got sorted really easily with your very clear instructions!
After the screen reboot we found the satnav volume too low, so we went into the settings on the home menu, where you find more detailed settings for sound, and we increased the navigation volume there.

Great advice! thank you! we had the same issue with our car that we got this week. It got sorted really easily with your very clear instructions!
After the screen reboot we found the satnav volume too low, so we went into the settings on the home menu, where you find more detailed settings for sound, and we increased the navigation volume there.
I find it hard to believe that SOME dealers are not applying this very simple change in the settings, prior to delivery of the car to the customer ?.
It should have been added to the PDI checks by now surely.
Instead we are still relying on a kind forum members fix, to help solve the problem of the non working Sat Nav.
Dealers don’t know everything it would seem.

I know I harp on about it but why isn’t MG UK dealer technical support making sure that the common info is distributed?
Ask me another question on “British Birds” 🤣.
I have no idea 🤷‍♂️.
The communication is woefully inadequate I guess is the simple answer.
Never heard of sharing best practice of course 😞.

I got my new ZS EV on Thursday and had this problem. Not being any sort of tech expert I thought it must be user error. A quick google search found this site and the solution to the problem. Clear, easy to follow instructions completed in a couple of minutes and satnav now working brilliantly without having to contact dealership. Many thanks. I now have this site saved on my phone!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom