MG ZS EV Software Glitches? Car rejection.

Exdro

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I am in the process of rejecting my Trophy (dis) Connect demo car. I have had it for just over two weeks, most of which has been spent at the dealers trying to sort out various software issues. When I picked it up it was showing a message to say that a service was required. I took it back and this message was removed. On the journey home another message came up to say that the TPMS had an error. I checked the tyres and pressures were all ok. Car went back and this was rectified. On way back, LKA kicked in and tried to take me to wrong side of road, i.e. wrenched steering wheel to the right. Got home, noticed that three valve caps were missing and a wheel hub cracked and small dent in the boot .Tried to "bind" iPhone 13 to MG iSmart. Couldn't do it. Car was collected by dealers; valve caps and hub cap replaced but suggested that small dent was mine. Can't prove that either way so just have to accept it . I was informed that it was already bound to another phone and could not be unbound unless that phone could be identified. Had loan car (MGZS petrol manual) for 10 days. Was informed that they were on the case and that it was a minor glitch that would not entitle me to reject the car. Collected car and on way home, TPMS error appeared. Turned around and went back to dealership, waited two hours and was told that all fixed. Drove home and behold, same TPMS error appeared. Phoned the dealer and said to collect car which they did within the hour.
When I mentioned the prospect of rejecting the car, they were not happy and said that I would need to sort it with the finance company. Sales manager said that these problems were all insignificant and would not warrant rejection of the car. As I understand it, any warning lights would fail an MOT. I now have no loan car and no time set for returning mine.
Any advice welcomed.

Sounds like you got a lemon...

The message about needing a service is a software bug, i think they have made an update to the software in the car, to remove this bug, and the fact that your car still has it, would suggest to me, that they have probably not done any updating of the software in the car, before handing it over to you.

Back in january when i complained about the long wait time for a new car, asking if they were ahead or behind schedule, i was offered a car they had used for demo purposes and test drives for prospective new costumers. The price was silly (Only £1000 less than a brand new, for this demo car that had admittedly not done a lot of miles, but was ~1 year old) so i refused, but had i accepted it, one of the first demands i would have had, was to have the car fully software updated.

If they did no updates, there is a real posibility that the car also has old software in relations to the "Car will totally brick itself at certain superchargers, in certain conditions" where the car would have to be towed to a dealer to be software updated and numerous fault codes cleared.

Maybe they updated the software when you had the car in for that error, sadly there is no easy way to know what software versions are in the car, so not very easy to complain about old software.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom