MG ZS EV Trophy Connect can't get Nav to work-RESOLVED

Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Only 2nd day of using my new car. Loving it so far but I can't get the NAV to work. When I press teh NAV screen this is what appears.
20230323_181237[1928].jpg

I have tried this in several locations always the same message. Anyone else had a similar problem?

I have connected my phone OK via bluetooth and can easily use Android Auto just by plugging the phone. However, since I have the connect version there are several things missing like Amazon Music, Live traffic and charger distance range. Or am I the only one with this issue?

Thanks N2STY. I have contacted the dealer and am waiting for a reply. It was suggested that I reset the head unit by long pressing the home button. I have tried this with both the toggle home button and the on-screen Home button but it just seems to turn it off and on again. No reset.

Am I doing it correctly?

I have tried a 15 second press and a 20 second one. Should it be longer, and should some sort of message be displayed saying its reseting?

Very frustrating but at least I have everything else working so can use MG iSMART app and have my phone connected by bluetooth. GPS seems to know where the car is so I don't think its a location issue. I even got an email from O2 saying that the sim was activated which I presume is whats in the car?

Thanks N2STY. I have contacted the dealer and am waiting for a reply. It was suggested that I reset the head unit by long pressing the home button. I have tried this with both the toggle home button and the on-screen Home button but it just seems to turn it off and on again. No reset.

Am I doing it correctly?

I have tried a 15 second press and a 20 second one. Should it be longer, and should some sort of message be displayed saying its reseting?

Very frustrating but at least I have everything else working so can use MG iSMART app and have my phone connected by bluetooth. GPS seems to know where the car is so I don't think its a location issue. I even got an email from O2 saying that the sim was activated which I presume is whats in the car?
There is a factory reset in the settings menu you could try that when you done your reboot did you get warnings on dash as part of the boot up (that is normal)

You know I tried several times to find that setting this morning without success. Busy now but will try later. I have noticed that I'm on an old head unit software version R22. Could this be the issue?
20230323_093936.jpg

You know I tried several times to find that setting this morning without success. Busy now but will try later. I have noticed that I'm on an old head unit software version R22. Could this be the issue?
View attachment 16247
It's on your screen restore factory settings?
R22 is the new software for connect it stopped groundhog Day problem and constant service reminder

I should have gone to Specsavers! So obvious now I see it. I will try this afternoon. Many thanks.

After several frustrating days I managed to find the 'Reset to factory Defaults' menu item. Once reset I had to give the head unit a chance to setup whatever it needed. This means some patience is required. After about 10 mins it was working. Make sure you set the correct counrty in the initial setup screen and also when pairing your phone. Once done all other options like Amazon music and live traffic was accesible. The MG iSMART app was still linked to the car that I had been able to achieve before solving the NAV issue. I'm on software version R22 which I have been told is the latest as of March 2023.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom