MG ZS EV Trophy Connect Long Range Depreciation Values

We went to a local Waylands event that we had been specially invited to, where we were told we would be made a special offer if we quoted an invite number. We arrived at the appointed hour, to be told our contact was presently unavailable and could we wait. After a while, he arrived to tell us that our 3 yr old zs ev is worth £13k and that a new LR version of the same car was available for £20.5k inclusive of the exchange. That means £20k to get another 100 miles range. That is slightly less than I paid for the original car. What a rigmarole for nothing. I can cope with the present (170m) range and before I change the car I will have a very close look at all the competitor offers.

I agree that the promotional stunt stuff they pull with things like this is really daft.

But, having said that, used values have taken a big dip generally, so I wouldn't expect too much more out of your car even if you were to trade it in elsewhere.

Hello Everybody,

I bought in March this year an MG ZS EV Trophy Connect Long Range SUV. In 6 months we have done around 4K miles and the car is doing on average around 4.3 miles per Kw here in Cornwall. I was wondering if anybody had a view on the 1 year and 3 year depreciation values. I have heard of some horror stories regarding electric car depreciation and was wondering what your thoughts were.

Thanks in advance,

Jim W
We paid £35,500 in May last year for our MG ZS Trophy Connect but got the £1500 government grant. It’s done 8500 miles. The latest valuation is £18500 😭😭.

Hello Everybody,

I bought in March this year an MG ZS EV Trophy Connect Long Range SUV. In 6 months we have done around 4K miles and the car is doing on average around 4.3 miles per Kw here in Cornwall. I was wondering if anybody had a view on the 1 year and 3 year depreciation values. I have heard of some horror stories regarding electric car depreciation and was wondering what your thoughts were.

Thanks in advance,

Jim W
If you‘re happy with the car and planning to keep it for 5 to 10 years, it doesn’t mattet

just keep hold of them until you really want to change. evs will usually last a lot longer than an ICE vehicle. technologically its still ahead of most ice vehicles anyway.

Hi All
I share your concerns regarding resale value,we always had VWs up until we decided to go EV.
The ID 3 or 4 are very expensive and many think are overly techy.
We ordered in May 22 and took delivery in December ZS Trophy long range.
It's easy ,in my opinion to worry about resale value ,less than premium build quality ect.
It's worth remembering the big thing we did when we went fully electric is stopped polluting the planet.
There's plenty of folk ready to say EV pollute more in manufacture that's true but a new ice car is not made without pollution.
My wife is almost every day doing something to look after grandchildren or extended family dogs.
The MG does all the local running around and has used less power the we have generated with 10 solar PV panels.
We have had two holidays in Norfolk so far this year and found the 120 mile journey there and charging a few times on public chargers whilst away easy and stress free.
We have done the right thing guys .

i have given up on buying new i am going to buy one of the demonstration models thats just come on the market the dealers know there is a new model coming but they are still asking too much give it a little while and they will be at the right price
Id check out some of the discounts for new cars on auto trader then, Unregistered NEW MGZS EV's Long Range Trophys can be found for just over £28K right now... There are good discounts available, as stock levels return to normal... £10K+ available on vauxhall models, £5k+ on renaults, and most other models and makes can be found with various discounts.. these are on UNREGISTERED vehicles, not 'OLD' new stock..

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom