MG ZS EV Trophy no longer comes with panoramic sunroof?

colsky

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
We've had the old ZS EV for 2 and a half years now and we love it. We're seriously considering trading in for a new ZS EV, mainly because of the increased range.

We visited a dealer today to check out the new model and something he said surprised and disappointed us. He said the Trophy version no longer comes with the panoramic sunroof for future orders. This is apparently so the manufacturer can turn round orders quicker. He quoted us a 3 to 6 months lead time for new orders, which was less than I was expecting.

The further kicker was he said that the prices stayed the same. So the Trophy is still £2500 more than the SE.

My question is should I try another dealer, or is this really the situation now?

Doesn't the Trophy now come with the "Connect" items, where it used to be a separate cost option. I guess the lack of price reduction is part of this upgrade (as some would see it). Not that it compensates for those who wanted the pano roof

Doesn't the Trophy now come with the "Connect" items, where it used to be a separate cost option. I guess the lack of price reduction is part of this upgrade (as some would see it). Not that it compensates for those who wanted the pano roof
I think you're correct.

I was told that inflation pressure on the car meant that removing the sunroof meant they could keep the trophy at the same price point. It made it easier and cheaper to build so no increase needed to cope with a higher materials and manufacture cost

Yep.

all orders up unto 30th June 2022 will have the pano roof. Many of us on here have had quite long and investigative debates regarding this, plus it has been covered on past Pod Casts 👍
Phew.! That’s a relief. The sunroof which seems longer in length was in my opinion very appealing.

Phew.! That’s a relief. The sunroof which seems longer in length was in my opinion very appealing.
Mine too mate. Hence why the lads and lasses on this forum were invaluable with their knowledge and experience. That all said, just in the process of cancelling my ZS order in favour of the new MG4

Yep.

all orders up unto 30th June 2022 will have the pano roof. Many of us on here have had quite long and investigative debates regarding this, plus it has been covered on past Pod Casts 👍
Hi Harry 17,

I’d be interested to listen to the pod casts. If you can point me in the right direction I’d appreciate it. Many thanks for your help

Hi Harry 17,

I’d be interested to listen to the pod casts. If you can point me in the right direction I’d appreciate it. Many thanks for your help
Hit the ”Forum” tab at the top of this page….. then the first topic you see will be the “Archived Podcasts“ open that and they are all there 👍 MG EVs Podcast

Just to add, i just checked the MG website here in Denmark, and if i select the MG ZS EV Luxury (Most expensive variant, with 3 phase charger, one of the bulletpoints on the order page is still "Panoramic sunroof") and it is also mentioned in the order confirmation i got when i ordered up my replacement MG ZS EV in the beginning of August.

So unless they are lying on their website and my order confirmation, they are still delivering and taking orders for the MG ZS EV's with the sunroof here in Denmark

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom