• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

MG ZS EV Vacuum System Fault

GRK

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Has anybody else experienced a fault with the vacuum system?
I got the following warnings: Vacuum System Fault, Power Limited Limiting Speed and Vehicle Control System Fault. The car would move but when you put your foot on the brake the pedal was rock-solid and there was a horrible juddering like an exaggerated ABS system.
I called MG assistance and the AA arrived within 40 minutes. The AA man did all the usual checks including disconnecting the 12 V battery but could not fix it so decided to tow it to my dealers, Hendy in Crawley, he also arranged a hire car for me.
Hendy rang me the next day to say it was a software problem and that they had fixed it. When I picked the car up they had also done the infotainment update. Good service from MG Assist and I’ve always had good service from Hendy who seem to know what they are about.
So far (five days) no recurrence of the problem.

Attachments

• 201EDFBB-772C-46EE-AD59-6284D1FCC307.jpeg
    201EDFBB-772C-46EE-AD59-6284D1FCC307.jpeg
    342.4 KB · Views: 213
A bit worrying that such a fault could be software driven.
I suppose one could hope that it is fail-safe?

Software problem does suggest that it could happen to any other car.

Happened to mine too, moving like a turtle, 20km/h. Started my old MB 240, simple is sometimes the best.

Has anybody else experienced a fault with the vacuum system?
I got the following warnings: Vacuum System Fault, Power Limited Limiting Speed and Vehicle Control System Fault. The car would move but when you put your foot on the brake the pedal was rock-solid and there was a horrible juddering like an exaggerated ABS system.
I called MG assistance and the AA arrived within 40 minutes. The AA man did all the usual checks including disconnecting the 12 V battery but could not fix it so decided to tow it to my dealers, Hendy in Crawley, he also arranged a hire car for me.
Hendy rang me the next day to say it was a software problem and that they had fixed it. When I picked the car up they had also done the infotainment update. Good service from MG Assist and I’ve always had good service from Hendy who seem to know what they are about.
So far (five days) no recurrence of the problem.
I’ve just had the same problem here in Glasgow and awaiting the RAC

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom