MG ZS EV What range are you getting from a full charge

Did a 60 mile run yesterday and when I plugged into charge it said 66% charge left. In my books that's a 180 mile range 👍
In the temperatures we had the other day I was getting easily 4.2 miles per KWh on a motorway run at about 65 mph, which on my calculations gave me about 178 miles of range if the usable KWh is 42...

Insurance for me is higher and servicing is about the same
Yep insurance for me is higher too, but there again the insurance on my previous car was low.
I suppose I ought to take into account previous car was probably only worth a grand :) so premium to value ratio now is probably quite good.

In the temperatures we had the other day I was getting easily 4.2 miles per KWh on a motorway run at about 65 mph, which on my calculations gave me about 178 miles of range if the usable KWh is 42...
That is impressive and clearly shows the effect of outside temperature. I hope I can achieve something close to that.

Of course.......
@Electrickery, I agree with you. You have put things really in a clear and plain manner. Live in Greater Manchester and go over to Meyseyside virtually daily some weeks. About 50 miles of motorway and 10miles A/B roads one way so round trip 120 miles. I have to charge daily. I just drive and enjoy the car. Nothing else. Charging cost for me for more than 10000 miles done is about 60 GBP. Spent on few rapid charges but otherwise free GMEV and pod point. Very happy with the car and the more I accept it's limitations, the happier I am with it. I have now accepted that it is a city cross over rather than a full blown x terrain SUV and it is not designed to tow so I just relax and enjoy it as a city car. Before the ZS EV we had a Ford Edge. The drop in quality and tech and capability was huge for me initially but soon I accepted ZS EV for what it is and I enjoy it excellently. I appreciate others believe their ZS EVs can do more than the advertised range even when driven at high speeds. What I find interesting is that there is actually no one who has shown data to prove that their ZS EV actually successfully complete190 or 200 and over miles while being driven at 65/70 miles per hour. It is always a few miles plus a series of pseudo-scientific calculations and extrapulations.
May be I am wrong but I have combed around and found no one. So please if there is anyone out there in a ZS EV doing more than 170-180 miles on a single charge with persistent speeds of 65/70 miles per hour, please post up.

May be I am wrong but I have combed around and found no one. So please if there is anyone out there in a ZS EV doing more than 170-180 miles on a single charge with persistent speeds of 65/70 miles per hour, please post up.
Don't hold your breath @KasEV
It could be a long wait !.

I was very pleased on Tuesday this week did a round trip to whipsnade zoo of 152 miles air con on all the way there in eco mode 172 miles showing before i Ieft home , efficiency was 4 miles per kWh there and 4.1 back average air temperature 14 degrees . I did add a 20 min buffer of 10 kw at a BP pulse charger which would equate to around a usable 52 kw for the journey and I still had 55 miles of range when I got home 🙂 . The trip was 90% dual carriageway and motorway I had the car set to regen 2 , Auto pilot on which was excellent , no ACC , I tried to keep above 60 mph for most of the journey on the down hill and on the flat sections 70 mph on arrival the average speed was 58 mph did the same speeds on return journey but stopped for something to eat so did not count the average speed .The journey was easy , comfortable and enjoyable , I also noticed on the concrete sections of the M25 how much quieter the MG ZS EV was than other vehicles I have driven on the same surface 🙂

Hi, can someone tell me where you see the voltage figure. I can find the range but not the voltage ? Cheers, Mark
Hi Mark - Yeah no problem !.
Okay, using the UP &DOWN buttons on the righthand side of the steering wheel.
Each press of either the UP or DOWN buttons, will allow you to scroll through a series of about 4 - 5 menu's, that can be seen displayed on the main dash board of the car.
As you scroll through, you will come to a screen that displays your HV pack voltage and Amps being used by the car.
If you keep pressing the buttons, it will just take you around in a loop and back to the digital speedo.

I drove from west London to Bromyard this week and back of couple of days later. My first long journey! I was nervous....

I charged at an Instavolt (50kw) outside Banbury and at a home charger at destination and the same on the way back.

The journey there and back I was getting 3.2 M/KW so should be 128 miles which was about what I got. Very windy and rainy on the drive back so wipers, a bit of heat and demisters used. Also checked voltage - 454v at fully charged.

Driving around London my readout shows that I should be getting about 179 miles in eco mode but then that is driving up to about 30 mph maximum.

It’s all so confusing as to what’s right or wrong with charging your car, It’s one great advantage of the ICE cos there is only 1 way at the pump.

I only use my granny charger & extension lead I don’t get any heat from the sockets and believe me I have checked loads because I got paranoid about it and luckily my lifestyle allows me to only need to charge once a week.And today reading this thread another issue has popped up should I charge the car to 100% every time which i assumed you did like filling up your ICE car.

If I am perfectly honest it’s all starting to piss me off a bit (sorry about my language) but I don’t know what’s right or wrong
Granny charger extension lead 100% I reckon there loads on here that will say all of the above is wrong !!!

Hi Mark - Yeah no problem !.
Okay, using the UP &DOWN buttons on the righthand side of the steering wheel.
Each press of either the UP or DOWN buttons, will allow you to scroll through a series of about 4 - 5 menu's, that can be seen displayed on the main dash board of the car.
As you scroll through, you will come to a screen that displays your HV pack voltage and Amps being used by the car.
If you keep pressing the buttons, it will just take you around in a loop and back to the digital speedo.
Thanks, that's great !

It’s all so confusing as to what’s right or wrong with charging your car, It’s one great advantage of the ICE cos there is only 1 way at the pump.

I only use my granny charger & extension lead I don’t get any heat from the sockets and believe me I have checked loads because I got paranoid about it and luckily my lifestyle allows me to only need to charge once a week.And today reading this thread another issue has popped up should I charge the car to 100% every time which i assumed you did like filling up your ICE car.

If I am perfectly honest it’s all starting to piss me off a bit (sorry about my language) but I don’t know what’s right or wrong
Granny charger extension lead 100% I reckon there loads on here that will say all of the above is wrong !!!
@Headgas1 as Corporal Jones or the Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy would say 'Don't Panic'.
There is no right way, there is no wrong way, there is only the way that works for you. We all use our cars differently, we all drive differently, we all filled our ICE cars differently - why would there be a right way and a wrong way.
How do you charge your mobile phone ? Probably differently to me, which is different to how my wife does hers.
There are too many that get obsessed about how things should be done, how to extract the last few yards out of a battery, how to make it last a month longer than someone else's.
Just do it your way and forget about all the 'advice' from all those that know no more than anybody else.
Enjoy the car, just drive it and charge however suits your lifestyle and needs.

@Headgas1 as Corporal Jones or the Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy would say 'Don't Panic'.
There is no right way, there is no wrong way, there is only the way that works for you. We all use our cars differently, we all drive differently, we all filled our ICE cars differently - why would there be a right way and a wrong way.
How do you charge your mobile phone ? Probably differently to me, which is different to how my wife does hers.
There are too many that get obsessed about how things should be done, how to extract the last few yards out of a battery, how to make it last a month longer than someone else's.
Just do it your way and forget about all the 'advice' from all those that know no more than anybody else.
Enjoy the car, just drive it and charge however suits your lifestyle and needs.
Hi @Gomev yes your right of course there probably isn’t a right or wrong way it’s just your own way that matters. but I do appreciate info on what is best practice to get the optimum performance from the car it can just be a bit overwhelming at times.🤪🤪🤪🤔🤔😁😁

Hi @Gomev yes your right of course there probably isn’t a right or wrong way it’s just your own way that matters. but I do appreciate info on what is best practice to get the optimum performance from the car it can just be a bit overwhelming at times.🤪🤪🤪🤔🤔😁😁
Don't let the fine details distract you from the enjoyment of the car. :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom