MG ZS EV What range are you getting from a full charge

I’m only getting about 80 miles from fully charged and there is only 2 bars let and about 48 miles surely this isn’t right

last two bars is about a third of your battery.
About: 120miles,~ 3 miles per kwH. It's not unusual for current temps and if not adjusted driving style from ICE vehicle driving, heating, quick acceleration, loaded car, driving 70mph+, etc

It might be... You need to check your voltage on a full charge with accessories switched off as a starting point before looking at other areas. The predicted range can change based on your use, driving style etc. 80miles with 48miles left is not that unusual.

I’m only getting about 80 miles from fully charged and there is only 2 bars let and about 48 miles surely this isn’t right

It might be... You need to check your voltage on a full charge with accessories switched off as a starting point before looking at other areas. The predicted range can change based on your use, driving style etc. 80miles with 48miles left is not that unusual.

Yesterday, I travelled from Surrey to Wales. I managed 100 miles with about 16 miles left before charging. Almost all of the journey was on motorways, doing 60 to 65mph, no accessories on except the radio. Temperatures were in 8-10 degrees.....

Motorway travel is not particularly economic, and there is a significant difference between 60 and 65 mph.

On the way from Wales to Surrey, I managed 3.5 miles per Kw, but on the return journey, I only just got 3.0 miles/Kw. Maybe the wind direction, who knows...................

Disappointing really...:-(

Last edited:
That’s about what i get on a journey like that.

How do I check my voltage on full charge ??

How do I check my voltage on full charge ??
When your charge has fully completed and the MG badge light goes out. Switch on the car - make sure the heating etc is off. Scroll down on the centre screen (using the steering wheel arrows) in front of the driver under the little car tab (trip computer) until you get to the screen that shows your HV battery voltage 🙂

When your charge has fully completed and the MG badge light goes out. Switch on the car - make sure the heating etc is off. Scroll down on the centre screen (using the steering wheel arrows) in front of the driver under the little car tab (trip computer) until you get to the screen that shows your HV battery voltage 🙂
Ok thanks sorry I’m new to all this EV stuff only ever had ICE cars

No need to apologise. We’re all learning! Let us know how you get on - take a pic of the battery volts when fully charged. 🙂

Ok thanks sorry I’m new to all this EV stuff only ever had ICE cars
I think most of us are the same on here, we are all learning together.

There are a few veterans on here who have had one or two before and their input is always (mostly :) ) useful as well.

Hi guys just a quick update I have fully charged battery pic attached, cleared the accumulated miles on the dash and dash now saying I can do 161 miles. Just got to see what miles I get now. Thanks for all your advice !!!!

Hi guys just a quick update I have fully charged battery pic attached, cleared the accumulated miles on the dash and dash now saying I can do 161 miles. Just got to see what miles I get now. Thanks for all your advice !!!!
Nothing wrong with that then probably if it's showing 161 miles.
It's all about how you use/drive the car.
Keep an eye on your Miles Per KwH in the cars dash, 3.8MpkWh will get you around the WLTP range of 163 miles on a full charge. You may well struggle to get it near that figure until you learn how to drive an EV efficiency.....

Nothing wrong with that then probably if it's showing 161 miles.
It's all about how you use/drive the car.
Keep an eye on your Miles Per KwH in the cars dash, 3.8MpkWh will get you around the WLTP range of 163 miles on a full charge. You may well struggle to get it near that figure until you learn how to drive an EV efficiency.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    342.9 KB · Views: 156
Its all the usual con, a scam if you like.

161 miles my arse.

I can't understand what circumstances that the car might achieve that.

Whatever the GOM or GuessOBleedingMeter says, the actual mileage is significantly less.

I have used EV's for the last 5 years, and I don't necessarily blame the MG, but the truth in range REALLY needs to be nearer the actual real world truth.

Actually the main limiting factor is the charging infracstructure, its simple. you know you have to charge at some point, but either the charger is *ucked or you don't have the right card.

A little under the weather at the moment, and not a shot at the MG, which despite limited range is quite a good car.

Just beginning to wonder whether an ICE car with some certainty is the better bet. Despite being retired, I can afford the extra costs.

Forgive me in doubting the future, and I accept the present tine is transitional. So just wondering when my medal is going to arrive............:)

I see that you haven’t had what we call the comfort2 update. This then displays your range where your time is now and also shows outside temp on the infotainment display. Ot also stops a lot of te annoying bings and bongs

Its all the usual con, a scam if you like.

161 miles my arse.

I can't understand what circumstances that the car might achieve that.

Whatever the GOM or GuessOBleedingMeter says, the actual mileage is significantly less.

I have used EV's for the last 5 years, and I don't necessarily blame the MG, but the truth in range REALLY needs to be nearer the actual real world truth.

Actually the main limiting factor is the charging infracstructure, its simple. you know you have to charge at some point, but either the charger is *ucked or you don't have the right card.

A little under the weather at the moment, and not a shot at the MG, which despite limited range is quite a good car.

Just beginning to wonder whether an ICE car with some certainty is the better bet. Despite being retired, I can afford the extra costs.

Forgive me in doubting the future, and I accept the present tine is transitional. So just wondering when my medal is going to arrive............:)
Sorry to hear you’re not feeling 100% - hope you’re feeling better soon. I have to say that my predicted range is generally pretty accurate, but it does depend on so many factors. Keep believing 🙂🙂🙂

I’m getting 3.1 miles/kwh
That says it perfectly.
Say 42.5kWh usable battery X 3.1 = 100% full to 0% at that efficiency will get you 131miles.
Remember you'd never realistically risk getting near 0% - so say you only dare go down to 20% that's 105mile range.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom