MG ZS EV What range are you getting from a full charge

The best I've got is 148 miles. Average speed of 31MPH, no HVAC, heated seat on, sunroof cracked open and the stereo on and in Eco mode. Temperature was 10-12 degrees. Got home to only 5% battery.

Today’s reading after a podpoint overnight charge !!
1618049160998.jpeg

1618049183478.jpeg

Today’s reading after a podpoint overnight charge !!
You've not reset your accumulated trip I assume, otherwise it wouldn't show that range.

Looks like you've got the fault BMS software if that is your voltage on full charge.

You should really get the readings by starting the car without pressing brake pedal to ensure that the HV battery is not engaged and under load.

Would be nice to know what range everyone here is getting from a full charge, I've only fully charged mine twice so far and I got 120 miles the 1st time with 15 miles left on the range and 114 miles the 2nd time with 35 miles left, both were a mix of motorway and local miles
To be honest, I would like a longer range on the few occasions I do more than 120 miles but they are rare unless a trip to the coast, I gave up looking at how efficient I drive, I just drive, top-up mainly at home, who can moan at a car that does 100+ mile for a fiver

how is octopus, doesn't it hammer you if you uses prime time energy
The charges are 5p 00.30-04.30 and 14.72p outside of that. I think that’s not too bad. I was on the bulb tariff before and it was dearer.

The charges are 5p 00.30-04.30 and 14.72p outside of that. I think that’s not too bad. I was on the bulb tariff before and it was dearer.
so prime time it is still 14.72, if so that is cheaper than my Bulb, got any idea on your gas, I can feel a change coming on

Here’s my warts and all advice to you from a contented MG ZS EV owner............
I’m wandering if people are buying there electric car for the right reason. I also am concerned that either the sales channel evades truthful explanation or buyers don’t ask enough questions or do there homework.
MG is a cheap brand and bits fall off- you will use the warranty.
Don’t lean against external panels too hard or they buckle. A 5 year old dented one with a football.
Don’t expect more than 85% claimed mileage in summer and 65% in winter.-
Drop that another 5% if you use air con
Don’t buy one unless you can use a 7kw charger at home.
Ignore advice about how often to charge and to what percentages, the manufacturer has already taken the top and bottom capacities out of your control with battery management software. - charge when you like, for as long as you like on 7kw, your granny charger is totally impractical, it is just for emergencies and if you need to use a rapid charger often, you bought the wrong car. (You will have sold the car before you need to worry about battery degradation).
This car is for short distance commutes radius 60 miles from your house, or school runs. Or intrepid adventures wanting to get a quart out of a pint pot!
If you thought you were going to save money, think again, you have paid a lot more money than for an ICE car so calculate your total cost of ownership “before” you purchase.
Stop worrying about what energy tariff you are on, the difference is a packet of fags or a bottle of wine.
Stop trying to eek out an extra few miles, relax and enjoy the ride and know the cars limits, it’s simples- range anxiety is in your head, follow the 8020 rule and don’t expect the car to do better, or don’t buy a cheap short distance EV.
Hope that helps.........

Most modern cars are the same re the body panels.
I do agree with most of the rest of it as I do few miles and short, local, journeys and it's ideal for me.
I've never checked what range I get from a full charge, I just drive it and charge it at home on my Pod Point 7kW when it gets low, or top it up a bit for free when I'm at Tescos

Here’s my warts and all advice to you from a contented MG ZS EV owner............
I’m wandering if people are buying there electric car for the right reason. I also am concerned that either the sales channel evades truthful explanation or buyers don’t ask enough questions or do there homework.
MG is a cheap brand and bits fall off- you will use the warranty.
Don’t lean against external panels too hard or they buckle. A 5 year old dented one with a football.
Don’t expect more than 85% claimed mileage in summer and 65% in winter.-
Drop that another 5% if you use air con
Don’t buy one unless you can use a 7kw charger at home.
Ignore advice about how often to charge and to what percentages, the manufacturer has already taken the top and bottom capacities out of your control with battery management software. - charge when you like, for as long as you like on 7kw, your granny charger is totally impractical, it is just for emergencies and if you need to use a rapid charger often, you bought the wrong car. (You will have sold the car before you need to worry about battery degradation).
This car is for short distance commutes radius 60 miles from your house, or school runs. Or intrepid adventures wanting to get a quart out of a pint pot!
If you thought you were going to save money, think again, you have paid a lot more money than for an ICE car so calculate your total cost of ownership “before” you purchase.
Stop worrying about what energy tariff you are on, the difference is a packet of fags or a bottle of wine.
Stop trying to eek out an extra few miles, relax and enjoy the ride and know the cars limits, it’s simples- range anxiety is in your head, follow the 8020 rule and don’t expect the car to do better, or don’t buy a cheap short distance EV.
Hope that helps.........
It's good to share experiences.

I would `agree roughly with your not expect more than 85% and 65% in sub zero conditions.

A lot of people do get on perfectly fine with just the granny charger however.
Our car is being used 3 times a week for just over 100mile work round trips, currently am just relying on the granny charger and it is just about ok, plug it in at 5:30pm and it's almost back to 100% by 6:30am. In the sub-zero temperatures it wasn't enough juice to use for 2 consecutive days though. I will be getting a 7kW though so can be sure it's ok and charge only in off-peak hours.

I don't intend on selling the car for a fair few years/100k+ miles, so battery degradation will be an issue for me.

Re saving money, far from it being the same as owning an ice car. £20k for a brand new car of this spec is not much more than a similar ice car. My usage figures save £1500+ a year in fuel - 8 years use is a saving of £12k! If I use the wrong energy tariff it'll be about £1k a year different.

Re saving money, far from it being the same as owning an ice car. £20k for a brand new car of this spec is not much more than a similar ice car. My usage figures save £1500+ a year in fuel - 8 years use is a saving of £12k! If I use the wrong energy tariff it'll be about £1k a year different.
Don’t forget road tax, insurance and servicing .....all additional savings

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom