MG ZS EV Window tints

JohnInFrance

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
We had the ZS' windows tinted yesterday and it makes a huge difference and, I feel, gives it a more premium look. I know they are not tinted to save money, but at the price point they are now, I feel that they should be.

Went from this:
1651218628329.png

To this:
1651218733205.png

We stayed away from the 'full gangster' look (95%) at the back and went with an 80% tint on the rear and 30% (max. legal tint) on the front windows. The chap was cursing the tiny rear quarter lights though, very little space to work :confused:

Such a small thing really, but it makes a big difference. This is the first thing I plan to have done when I receive mine, as I think it greatly improves the aesthetics.

Like you, I'm not going for the 'murdered out' look either - 80% would be ideal.

Could you photograph it with the grey background? I think that it would give us a better representation of the tint. I was going to have the gangster look but you have changed my mind to 80% a and 30% on the front.Cool time ahead when I get my car. I think that I will have to spend 2 days fitting all the extras when it comes🤔🤔

IMG_20220429_161439.jpg

How about against the part cleaned wall of my wood store? (Unless you're willing to sub me the electrons for a 200km round trip back to the installers where I took the first pic? 🤣🤣🤣)

We had the ZS' windows tinted yesterday and it makes a huge difference and, I feel, gives it a more premium look. I know they are not tinted to save money, but at the price point they are now, I feel that they should be.

Went from this:
View attachment 8160

To this:
View attachment 8161

We stayed away from the 'full gangster' look (95%) at the back and went with an 80% tint on the rear and 30% (max. legal tint) on the front windows. The chap was cursing the tiny rear quarter lights though, very little space to work :confused:
I have the same colour-model and bought mudguards for less full gangster look from aliexpress. I recommend them.

I chose Luna, and just from the B pillar back. I paid £190 - I think everyone gets the £20 discount from the £210 advertised!
Luckily, it was dry and sunny on my driveway today. I don’t think it would have been completed so quickly (less than 2 hours) had it been raining.

I was all prepared to sort out tints when my new ZS Trophy LR arrived last week, but it has them!

It wasn't done by the dealer, so I assume it is from the factory. It looks to be about the same as my 2018 Zoe ZE40 (which is currently parked behind the ZS on my drive)

I was all prepared to sort out tints when my new ZS Trophy LR arrived last week, but it has them!

It wasn't done by the dealer, so I assume it is from the factory. It looks to be about the same as my 2018 Zoe ZE40 (which is currently parked behind the ZS on my drive)
Do you have a sunroof? The newer model Trophies had the sunroof deleted but added rear tints instead I believe.

Yes John, I have the sunroof - I ordered the car end of January 2022, well before the change over, that's why I was surprised to find the windows tinted.

The dealer informed me in November that the car had moved from TBA to manufacture, so maybe they were tinting them all after July?

Same here. TC LR arrived 2 weeks back. I'd been planning on paying for tints, but all the rears have it done. Bit of a bonus really, over actually getting a car!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom