MG ZS Forum Member Order Tracker

It was ordered as a demo for another dealership. They didn't want it and swapped for 3 other cars with my dealership and I happened to be made an enquiry just as the deal was done and they offered it to me.
My dealership (Wilson's) did say they got 3 others off the ship at the same time.
Congrats to you, but very odd that they didn't offer the vehicle to people that have been waiting since November for one though.

It was ordered as a demo for another dealership. They didn't want it and swapped for 3 other cars with my dealership and I happened to be made an enquiry just as the deal was done and they offered it to me.
My dealership (Wilson's) did say they got 3 others off the ship at the same time.
Hope you're excited to pick it up!

Congrats to you, but very odd that they didn't offer the vehicle to people that have been waiting since November for one though.
It's a bit odd, but I assumed that orders must have factory allocation and pushing them all forwards by one was too complicated, if there as no stock available. I do wonder whether the salesman was getting in one more sale as he was about to leave the business.

Why would they do that? It's an extra sale right there on the spot and the people waiting will keep on waiting, those sales are secured.

Why would they do that? It's an extra sale right there on the spot and the people waiting will keep on waiting, those sales are secured.
And this is the real reason why it's not first come first served and MG have had to start fining dealers for these practices. I suspect it's damaging to their brand.

And this is the real reason why it's not first come first served and MG have had to start fining dealers for these practices. I suspect it's damaging to their brand.
Life ain't ever been "fair". MG would be shooting themselves in the foot if they start fining their dealers for making extra sales

The sale is only secured the moment you take delivery and get a set of keys in your hand... until then it's nothing but a gentleman's agreement that you will buy the car...

Life ain't ever been "fair". MG would be shooting themselves in the foot if they start fining their dealers for making extra sales
I didn't say anything about "fair" or life being fair???
But they are fining them...The rate of commission for each bogus order they had put in. Personally, if anyone has a chance to get an order in good time, good luck to them...

Yeah, same position for us, they're really bad at updates which is frustrating.
What makes it worse is there a 22 trophy LR in silver on Auto Trader ready to go in stock cars like this
Screenshot_20220427_190758.jpg

• Model: Trophy LR
  • Colour: Red
  • Order Date: 14 Mar 2022
  • Dealer and location: Macklin Motors MG, Edinburgh
No update on expected date beyond the July/August estimate given when I ordered, but the dealer said last week they hoped to have an update from MG by the end of April.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom