MG ZS mileage competition...

Rog

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
having owned a mg zs ev for 18 months covered 24,000 miles without drama does anyone else manage to squeeze any more miles out of these batteries

Attachments

• IMG_4755.jpg
    IMG_4755.jpg
    362.4 KB · Views: 195
having owned a mg zs ev for 18 months covered 24,000 miles without drama does anyone else manage to squeeze any more miles out of these batteries
25 months ....exclusive 31500k no issues or problems 169 on the GOM this morning

Makes interesting reading @Rog !.
Your efficiency at 4.3 kWh is impressive over the accumulative mileage of 1143 miles.
Your average speed is very low at 19 Mph so this would indicate a fair bit of low speed ( town work ) driving I suspect.
Your predicted range ( I guess you are fully charged at this point here ) of 233 miles in default level 3 and remember it is in ECO mode, is an inflated figure because the trip has not been reset for over a thousand miles.
Boot up the car and then reset both trips and then see what the predicted range display's.
It will be not be close to 233 miles that’s for sure.
It’s nice looking at ALL that extra range, but in actual fact, it is not achievable in real terms.
If you where taking on a long trip, I would reset both trips before setting off.
A little dangerous to expect to hit anything close to that 233 miles of range.
As you progressed on your long trip, you are likely to see that range drop away MUCH sooner than you expected otherwise.
This predicted range is based on historical data of you driving previous style / habits.
But as soon as this changes and your speed on more open roads increases, it will learn and adjust the prediction fairly quickly.
Use of the HVAC will also encore a range penalty as well.
Sorry in advance, that I maybe telling you something that you already know.

Makes interesting reading @Rog !.
Your efficiency at 4.3 kWh is impressive over the accumulative mileage of 1143 miles.
Your average speed is very low at 19 Mph so this would indicate a fair bit of low speed ( town work ) driving I suspect.
Your predicted range ( I guess you are fully charged at this point here ) of 233 miles in default level 3 and remember it is in ECO mode, is an inflated figure because the trip has not been reset for over a thousand miles.
Boot up the car and then reset both trips and then see what the predicted range display's.
It will be not be close to 233 miles that’s for sure.
It’s nice looking at ALL that extra range, but in actual fact, it is not achievable in real terms.
If you where taking on a long trip, I would reset both trips before setting off.
A little dangerous to expect to hit anything close to that 233 miles of range.
As you progressed on your long trip, you are likely to see that range drop away MUCH sooner than you expected otherwise.
This predicted range is based on historical data of you driving previous style / habits.
But as soon as this changes and your speed on more open roads increases, it will learn and adjust the prediction fairly quickly.
Use of the HVAC will also encore a range penalty as well.
Sorry in advance, that I maybe telling you something that you already know.
Hi Lovemyev
the trip is a mix of motorway/town driving i do actually get well over 200 miles even on a trip from bromsgrove to Torquay dont forget ive covered 24,000 miles in 18 months,,,,,
but i will reset then do 500 miles and post....

There is a taxi driver in London who was running one of the first ZSs. I suspect he gets similar economy due to the low speeds int own and probably has well over 100k miles by now.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom