MG ZS MK2 cosmetic upgrades

So use lights on usb and all charging and aa on 12v it will charge faster then aswell

So use lights on usb and all charging and aa on 12v it will charge faster then aswell
I expect AA/Carplay is only available on the main USB-A ? Unless you are using a wireless option into the main USB-A of course. Which is why a splitter would hopefully work.

Are you sure usb stays active on unlock I was think it comes on like the head unit then switchs back off?

Are you sure usb stays active on unlock I was think it comes on like the head unit then switchs back off?

The USB-A does switch off after a short period when locking.

The use-case would be unlock car->USB lights on to enter->power on & drive->exit car->lock->lights off.

The USB-A stays on when the car is powered on.

If you were lighting the car with a sunroof LED strip to the switched interior light then that probably achieves similar results I guess.

Here are more of the mods I made:

1. Frunk solution using net and secure onto car's screwheads. I found this very useful to store my charging cable. The net is strong enough even when the bonnet closes, the cable wouldn't touch the battery. Easily reversible.

1A. Gas structs for easy opening of the bonnet.

2. Carbon fibre steering wheel covers

3. Metal air vent trim

4. Hardwired front and backdash cam which runs android

5. Interior mood light using the dash cam socket next to rear view mirror

6. Carlinkit wireless android auto

7. Electric tailgate installed by my friend. I can confirm it works with car remote. Rear boot button and an installed button in the front of the dash.

Enjoy!
@Liandada some great upgrades there! Please could you say where you purchased the net for the frunk?

It looks as though you are running the ambient footwell lighting from the cigarette socket?

I found that the only USB-A socket that would power-on when unlocked and turn off when locked was the main one for CarPlay/AA. I'm hoping that a splitter cable will allow both charging/CarPlay with a phone and the ambient lights to work.
I used the OBD port for ambient lighting. It comes on when the car is on and off 10 mins after car is locked.

I used the OBD port for ambient lighting. It comes on when the car is on and off 10 mins after car is locked.
I just tried a Rearmaster OBD but discovered that the OBD doesn’t go live when the car is opened like I would like, only when it’s started.
Looks like I have to settle on the overhead lights and the underseat ones during the drive.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom