MG ZS Sunshades

Kayged

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I got my ZS EV last May and bought the rear sunshades. No matter how I tried I could not get them to fit the way they were supposed to. I took them round to the service department and they couldn't either! They "modified" them and managed to get them to stay in place.

One of the quarterlight shades fell off after about 2 days, the other was gone within the week! A week or so later and the rear passenger one fell off and by the end of the month the back ones gave up. I was impressed that the rear driver side one lasted almost 3 months!

Moral of the story is, if you are considering getting any sunshades for the back windows of a ZS do not get the actual ZS ones as you will waste £100+. The good news is that MG have stopped selling them but they are still available on ebay so take care.

My dealer charged me £85 for a set of genuine MG sunshades, I fitted them 12 months ago and they have not moved or fallen off once. Perhaps the set you have is faulty?

My dealer charged me £85 for a set of genuine MG sunshades, I fitted them 12 months ago and they have not moved or fallen off once. Perhaps the set you have is faulty?
You could be correct, I think mine were about £115 in May '21. The original batch may have been good but the replacements could have all been like mine as MG have now withdrawn them from the available accessories.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom