MG4 51 excite.

The Excite name is only used in Australia and New Zealand.
I seem to recall it is exactly the same as SR (In my country it's called Nordic)

When registering on this forum, I didn't get the option to choose "MG4 51 Excite," this just an Ausie model, if so what's it's nearest equivalent on this forum?
Yes, they seem to have given different names in different markets. Perhaps a few differences here and there but generally there are I think 3 battery sizes, 3 motor strengths, and a few extras like heated bits that you get on the more expensive models.
51kWh LFP battery will be the entry/standard model in all markets.
Personally I like LFP batteries - more robust, lasts longer, no cobalt.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a guide somewhere on the forum to which models have which names in the different markets. Maybe on a sticky thread? Sorry I can't remember. But a 51 kWh car is going to be the SE SR, it's the only model with that battery.

I find it quite unique that the Excite or SR or standard, does not have ambient temperature in driver information cluster.
Infotainment versions R13 and R33 do display the outside temperature, any version between those 2 don't have it. Mine is R13 and shows it in the top right corner of the central display.

My 51 has outside temperature but if parked on a really hot day the temp indicates way higher than actual then corrects when driving?
So far 9,000k no problems.

My 51 has outside temperature but if parked on a really hot day the temp indicates way higher than actual then corrects when driving?
So far 9,000k no problems.
That's normal, all my cars have done that, when parked, it's picking up ground temp as there is no air movement, once driving you get the outside air temp

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 540 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back