MG4 and the Omhe charger with Octopus Agile

jon0881

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Hi,

Is anyone using an Ohme charger with Octopus Agile? Quite simply i would like to connect the car and set a price cap of 10p/kwh. When the Agile price drops below i want the car to charge, when over, stop. The hardware is aware of the tariff etc.

whenever i conenct the MG4 it jsut starts charging. ive set the cap, set a schedule and nothing seems to work. Ive got a ticket with Ohme but thought i would ask here.

No idea about agile but if you set the 10p tariff with intelligent it just turns the ohme into a dumb charger. With intelligent you need to set above the peak rate or nothing at all for it to work.
Like I say that's intelligent so agile may be different

No idea about agile but if you set the 10p tariff with intelligent it just turns the ohme into a dumb charger. With intelligent you need to set above the peak rate or nothing at all for it to work.
Like I say that's intelligent so agile may be different
Does it? I thought setting the cap at 10p ensures charging during your cheaper time I.e Smart? A dumb charger I thought is either on or off. Am I missing something?

Does it? I thought setting the cap at 10p ensures charging during your cheaper time I.e Smart? A dumb charger I thought is either on or off. Am I missing something?
Mistake about the dumb charger bit that relates to the schedule (which is actually only the end time, not start) just set the time you need it charged by.

The below is from the octopus website

• The Ohme app’s price cap should be turned off, or it needs to be set above your peak unit rate. If it's set below this, your smart charging schedules won't be as smart as they could be.
Might be the same with agile.

You need to set an active schedule in the Ohme app for the time you want your EV charged by, ideally between 4am - 11am. If you don't do this, the Ohme charger will default to 'dumb' charging and you'll be paying a higher rate to charge your EV.

• The Ohme app’s price cap should be turned off, or it needs to be set above your peak unit rate. If it's set below this, your smart charging schedules won't be as smart as they could be.
Not sure if I’m understanding this correctly. I want it to charge at the cheapest price which for me is 10p between 23:30 and 05:30 - how do I benefit by not setting the 10p max cap, sure.y that allows it to charge at more expensive rate. What am I missing here?

Here is the whole lift from the octopus website

Intelligent Octopus x Ohme
We're still in the early stages of this project so there's a few important things to note upfront.

You'll need to use the Ohme app to control your charging; after you've signed up we'll disable the Intelligent Octopus app.
The Ohme app’s price cap should be turned off, or it needs to be set above your peak unit rate. If it's set below this, your smart charging schedules won't be as smart as they could be.
While you can have multiple charging schedules in the Ohme app, we suggest only having one active schedule; Intelligent Octopus will do the hard work in the background.
You need to set an active schedule in the Ohme app for the time you want your EV charged by, ideally between 4am - 11am. If you don't do this, the Ohme charger will default to 'dumb' charging and you'll be paying a higher rate to charge your EV.
To override smart charging, you'll need to go into the active schedule in your Ohme app and toggle max charging to ON. This will probably cost you more, but get your car charged sooner.

It basically seems that ohme talks to octopus and they sort it out between them. All I know is that it works, I have no cap set on my ohme app and have it set to be ready for 0600hrs each morning. When I need to charge I plug it and leave it, it's done in the morning and charged at the cheap rate each time.

Again this is in relation to intelligent

My Ohme charger configuration & price charged!

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    55.4 KB · Views: 149
  • 2.png
    2.png
    65.9 KB · Views: 130
  • 3.png
    3.png
    85.7 KB · Views: 135

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes