MG4 AWD Version

Deleted member 10041

Reaction score
According to the Chinese MG website the awd has a range of 286 miles.
During the pod cast the other night, a boy from Germany stated they have been informed the awd is going to be €45000 there, obviously not sure where he got that figure

According to the Chinese MG website the awd has a range of 286 miles.
During the pod cast the other night, a boy from Germany stated they have been informed the awd is going to be €45000 there, obviously not sure where he got that figure
Mmmhhh…. We will see I guess. If it is going to be around £40,000.00 then my Trophy will either need to be getting a couple of grand more than I paid for it, or the range on the “triumph“ would need to be a lot more than 286 miles…. Closer to the expected, ‘Extended Range’ for me to consider swapping next year.

Looks like the awd has the same battery as the trophy

Screenshot_20221103-210858.jpg

Mmmhhh…. We will see I guess. If it is going to be around £40,000.00 then my Trophy will either need to be getting a couple of grand more than I paid for it, or the range on the “triumph“ would need to be a lot more than 286 miles…. Closer to the expected, ‘Extended Range’ for me to consider swapping next year.
I think if it's worth buying it's worth enjoying, and if you're regularly pulling over 300 kW the charge level will deplete pretty quickly even with a large battery.
But that's the great thing about performance EV's, face shredding acceleration when you're in the mood, but most of the efficiency of the bread and butter model when you let off.

G'day everyone, adding a couple of new sources to this thread.

1) A Chinese review that can be accessed via Google translate:

2) A Chinese YouTube video review, including a 0-100 kmph / 3.83 second launch:

3) Official Chinese Website:

Really like the sports seats, the alcantara trim, the orange brake calipers and the new wheels. Also mentions a wireless charging pad.

Disappointing that there's such little information on the elusive AWD model. It will continue to make the MG4 a game changer if/when it launches. The standard models made EVs more accessible and the AWD model will make performance EVs more accessible.

We're only just getting an official announcement of the standard models in Australia next month, with availability slated for the middle of the year. Really hoping they'll manage to rope in the AWD version by then too - although it seems unlikely. At the very least hoping for the rumored Q2 European launch of the AWD model, with a Q4 release in Australia.

Last edited:
Does anyone know when the AWD/Triumph/X-Power will be available?

This post + a few other sources I've come across seem to point to a 2023 Q2 launch, my guess is towards the middle of the year.

This is going to be over £40k now when it launches in the UK, the most disappointing thing for me is that it has the same battery at the trophy and obviously less range because of the dual motors/extra weight.
Drive it like it's meant to be and the range will be poor, why they didn't do what Tesla did with their performance models and put the bigger battery in it can only be an attempt to keep costs down.

The extended range 4 is supposed to have a 77kwh battery in my opinion that should have been in the awd, like I say though probably cost saving.

Again like the Cyberster these cars are moving MG into another level of target sales unless they improve their quality and service people will not spend over £40k on a car with a hit or miss software system/quality control and crap customer support.

The extended range 4 is supposed to have a 77kwh battery in my opinion that should have been in the awd, like I say though probably cost saving..

Cost will be a consideration but more likely it's the weight. If the 64 pack can deliver the amp burst needed for their 0 - 60 target then that'll do.
Range will be terrible if you regularly have fun in it though, probably around 100 miles in colder weather.
Just trying to picture the gearbox oil spray that's going to come off this thing at full chat, be like Trafalgar square fountain o_O

Cost will be a consideration but more likely it's the weight. If the 64 pack can deliver the amp burst needed for their 0 - 60 target then that'll do.
Range will be terrible if you regularly have fun in it though, probably around 100 miles in colder weather.
Just trying to picture the gearbox oil spray that's going to come off this thing at full chat, be like Trafalgar square fountain o_O
It will be like having the norovirus, it will be coming out both ends at the same time.

It isn't oil, it is environmental lubricant, keeping the world moving! 🤣

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 514 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 87 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel