MG4 boot spoiler lip cracked - help!

loadme85

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Hi all. Got my MG4 back in May and has been great so far. However, my wife decided to reverse it in to a stationary object last night, denting the tail gate and cracking the boot spoiler lip.

Not keen to go through insurance as the dent isn’t too bad and should be less than my excess. However, the boot spoiler lip (not sure that’s the technical term?) might be another story. Photo below.

Couple of questions I’d like some help on:
1. My assumption is this part is bolted on under the tail gate trim. Anyone tried to remove it?
2. Anyone had luck getting non serviceable parts from dealers? Tried a couple this morning and spent 30 minutes on hold in position 1 of the queue.

There’s a couple of MG4s on breaker sites but the SE one has already had it entire rear section ripped out. Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_0970.jpeg
    IMG_0970.jpeg
    510.6 KB · Views: 230
If you're getting a bodyshop to fix the dent, why not ask them to repair the spoiler too? They should be able to carry out plastic repairs as well, or let them sort out getting the part.

My MG4 is currently being repaired because of similar damage when somebody reversed into me. Insurance job as they admitted fault. It's been in the garage nearly three weeks and is still waiting for parts and they're unable to tell me when they should arrive. I'm not happy about this. Anyway, the point is there seems to be a huge shortage of parts...

I had the unfortunate issue of being rear ended and having my boot badly dented and the bumper cracked. Obviously went through the insurance but it seems that the parts are not available and the garage has no idea if and when they might be.
Does anyone have similar issues?

Update - managed to get the part ordered from Bushey MG. Be there in 2 days. £190 inc VAT for the spoiler and clips that hold it on.

Will pick up at the weekend so let you know how I get on.

I was sort of expecting it to be more and for the delivery time to be a few weeks. Hopefully it's a sign that parts are starting to be in stock in the UK

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 532 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back