MG4 camera staying on when selecting reverse while driving

ok86

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hi everyone not sure if this has been discussed before can't find another thread. My passenger accidently turned the drive selector to reverse while driving thinking it was like the idrive in our old BMW and the rear view camera switched on we were at slow moving traffic at the time we kept moving forward but the rear camera came on and it stayed on for the whole journey. is this normal is the cold weather to blame. I can't lie it was pretty cool.

So you didn’t stop to put the car back into P or back into R and then P again?
Obviously a bug. What infotainment version is that?

No we were still moving, i may have been tapping the brakes as we were in slow moving traffic. Its a 23 plate with rear wiper using the latest software R46

There should be a little ‘X’ somewhere near the top right of the video screen. Click that and in normal circumstances it will switch off the camera.

if you have mapped the left hand button on the steering wheel to control the camera you could try to toggle it off.

I would expect what would normally turn off the reversing camera would be selecting drive but you're already going forward so no need to select it again. Thanks for posting though, that has cleared up some fears I had about what would happen if that happened :)

I noticed when preparing to reverse onto my drive that you could select R whilst still going forward. Once you come to a stop R engages then you start going backwards. Gear preselection :)

Last edited by a moderator:
There should be a little ‘X’ somewhere near the top right of the video screen. Click that and in normal circumstances it will switch off the camera.

if you have mapped the left hand button on the steering wheel to control the camera you could try to toggle it off.
That’s correct I could have pressed the x button to cancel it but the point is it didn’t automatically switch off at speed travelling forwards and shouldn’t have turned on when moving forwards in the first place.

I have mapped my left star button to display the 360camera.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 530 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back