MG4 Charge Port Dust Cap

RhysG

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
My MG4 has a dust cap for the two-hole ccs type port. But no dust cap for the type 2 port on the car. There's an attachment for it (or a tiny empty little hole for the attachment), but no cap. I asked the sales guy at my MG dealer and he advised that all MG4s they have received are all like this!

So - is there a risk of water ingress? Do we need to buy a cap from ebay (£12!)?

All the reviews I've seen for the MG4 show the cap for the CCS port but not for the Type 2 port, so it seems that this is the standard config.

Edit: technically the whole thing is a CCS port ... Combined Charging System ... the bottom 2 pins are the DC connections. :)

Last edited:
I think the logic behind it is that if you are charging with a Type 2 cable then the charging "flap" will be open, and if the unused DC connections didn't have a cover there is a potential for the elements (i.e. rain) to get in.

The AC connections are always in use when charging and are protected from the elements when the charging "flap" is closed so don't need their own cover.

I think the logic behind it is that if you are charging with a Type 2 cable then the charging "flap" will be open, and if the unused DC connections didn't have a cover there is a potential for the elements (i.e. rain) to get in.

The AC connections are always in use when charging and are protected from the elements when the charging "flap" is closed so don't need their own cover.
Makes perfect sense. I had wondered about this.

Is the flap water tight ?
Just thinking of a jetwash etc.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 526 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums