MG4 chinese video review

Has you say AdamMGEV it’s all personal preference, black I don’t like it like but we are stuck with it, but don’t take me wrong I wasn’t knocking the video or you in any shape or form, And I’m sorry if you think I was. I can assure you Adam that I’m no boy racer nowadays at 75 rarely get my 5 past 62 mph quick enough for us.
Les
Oh I know you're not and know you weren't, didn't think that for one second, I know we're all sick of looking at videos we can't understand and want an English one, they'll cone soon enough in their bucket loads lol

Oh I know you're not and know you weren't, didn't think that for one second, I know we're all sick of looking at videos we can't understand and want an English one, they'll cone soon enough in their bucket loads lol
I think there’s pro’s and con’s to either. I prefer the black interior with the red I ordered, as I think if fits better, and most of all does not show it’s age as much, than the lighter material. That’ll have to be kept clean, constantly to look it’s best..
Just my 2 pennies worth..

I think there’s pro’s and con’s to either. I prefer the black interior with the red I ordered, as I think if fits better, and most of all does not show it’s age as much, than the lighter material. That’ll have to be kept clean, constantly to look it’s best..
Just my 2 pennies worth..
The red does lookngood. I would have gone for the red too but wife wants the grey as we already have our MG5 in red, I guess my colour is red, just think it goes nicely against the black details.

The red does lookngood. I would have gone for the red too but wife wants the grey as we already have our MG5 in red, I guess my colour is red, just think it goes nicely against the black details.
I agree.
Lighter interiors always look nicer and offers a larger feeling of space ( as does a glass roof when available ) inside the cabin.
But they do have a downside, if we use Tesla as a good example.
The almost bright white interior on some of there models, look fantastic when the car is new.
My neighbour has a white model 3 the white interior.
He said never again !.
It is absolutely impossible to keep at its perfect best.
He said colour transfer from items of coloured clothes is terrible.
New jeans are a complete no go !.
It will turn the contact points between jeans and the seat, into a blue colour.
I thing the lighter coloured grey option offered on the MG in other countries, would be a nice compromise.
Bright white ( although nice ) is not practical for most people.
A family with two small children and a dog, would be better sticking with a black interior in my opinion.
Does the MG4 have a black roof head lining as well, do we know ?.
This can be very oppressive as well.
The actual cabin space in the ZS EV is very likely to be smaller than in the MG4 because it is not a ground up EV.
But with a white head liner and the full pan roof on the Trophy 🏆 ( but not for long ) the space in the cabin feels much bigger than it actually is.
The black interior has little negative effect on the feeling of light and space.
Huge mistake for MG to remove this feature from this model, regardless of their reasons given for doing so.
I think even the dealers had a huge disappointment to read the news of its removal, it was a big selling point for some customers.

Do know what AdamMGEV seen quite a few of these videos now from China and its beginning to get me down because in China the cars are fitted with a very smart looking light or two tone interior and all we are getting in the UK is dowdy black same on the new MG5 also the light interior as we have seen in China and Europe is not coming to the UK.
Les
Agreed, why do we only get dull black interiors . I know they like to keep the options list short, but maybe it's a bit too short in the UK.

I agree.
Lighter interiors always look nicer and offers a larger feeling of space ( as does a glass roof when available ) inside the cabin.
But they do have a downside, if we use Tesla as a good example.
The almost bright white interior on some of there models, look fantastic when the car is new.
My neighbour has a white model 3 the white interior.
He said never again !.
It is absolutely impossible to keep at its perfect best.
He said colour transfer from items of coloured clothes is terrible.
New jeans are a complete no go !.
It will turn the contact points between jeans and the seat, into a blue colour.
I thing the lighter coloured grey option offered on the MG in other countries, would be a nice compromise.
Bright white ( although nice ) is not practical for most people.
A family with two small children and a dog, would be better sticking with a black interior in my opinion.
Does the MG4 have a black roof head lining as well, do we know ?.
This can be very oppressive as well.
The actual cabin space in the ZS EV is very likely to be smaller than in the MG4 because it is not a ground up EV.
But with a white head liner and the full pan roof on the Trophy 🏆 ( but not for long ) the space in the cabin feels much bigger than it actually is.
The black interior has little negative effect on the feeling of light and space.
Huge mistake for MG to remove this feature from this model, regardless of their reasons given for doing so.
I think even the dealers had a huge disappointment to read the news of its removal, it was a big selling point for some customers.
Hi Geoff well when I said Lighter interior I mean the grey or two tone we certainly
have seen in videos not white that I do agree with you on, before I got the 5 my skoda Superb was Champagne gold and cream full leather interior Had that for many years and it was almost as good as new when I traded it in it was ok to keep looking good as well, use to send the wife out with her leather cleaner every April, LOL it also had a light headliner really was nice but diesel powered.

headliner in the MG4 I have no idea but my MG5 has a light coloured more grey than white headliner and that’s ok. And I would hope the 4 is the same. I was looking forward to the new 5 coming to the UK like what tech & Wheels Patrick has until miles told it will only be coming with the black interior Gutted, it’s hot and sticky in summer and very cold in winter not happy about that I can tell You.

I agree big mistake losing the pan roof on the ZS by MG not a corner they should have cut.
Les

The custom drive mode gives loads of options to fit your driving style. Quite amazing don't you think? None of the UK reviewers showed this.

Screenshot_20220904-162920_YouTube.jpg

The custom drive mode gives loads of options to fit your driving style. Quite amazing don't you think? None of the UK reviewers showed this.

View attachment 10711
Nice one Gem 10 now that is good to see well found, only thing I hope for now is the settings you set stay where you have set them when you turned the car off, I believe on this car they do, i think I read it somewhere, unlike the other MGs that don’t, I:e the MG5 always on turning is in N2 mode that being the default setting, but so easy to change with the toggle controls, but if they don’t well I don’t like this idea of have to set a lot of things via the touch screen at all. Very Tesla like that idea, and as mentioned by Jonny smith I think it was the writing is quite small and not easy to see.
Les

MG China seem to have held another press event last week. This time the driving route was the winding Zhiangjiajie road. Amazing location and road.
There are about 3 YouTube videos so far from this press event. I liked the one below the best for the cinematography.

There is a new UI for the head unit. See from 04:30 onwards. It is much more colourful. Looks like it can show album art and run apps. This may be a China specific UI, or hopefully may be v2.0 and will be available globally.

Edit: This looks like the extended range Trophy model. There are some minor external differences.

Last edited:
Yes, 300 miles range showing with battery at 93%, must be extended range model.
Wonder when it'll appear here and how much additional cost will be involved.
Still like the grey!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 493 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel