MG4 coming soon: what are my essential buys?

Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hi folks,

So she is due to be collected 4th March, we already have a Zappi and a printed manual (thanks @Sloucher!) but want else do I need?

I assume we will get given a granny charger. We have got Electroverse cards from Octopus.

This is our first EV. On my list so far is:
  • Mats and boot liner
  • Type2 to Type2 cable (3 phase)
  • Felt to stop the rattles
  • Phone cable of right length
  • Laminated preflight checklist to disable LKA and select preferred settings
  • MG app and Zappi app

What have I forgotten? This feels too short a list! Thanks in advance.

Sorry in advance for this but perhaps;
A small hammer to keep in car to break glass if locked in
A tray to slide under the car when parked to catch drips..
A body building course to build arm muscles to fight LKA when you forget to disable it..
🙂
Enough of the joviality.

I’m not seeing that much about rattles in the car - so it should be fine.
If you‘re with Octopus remember that at the moment you can’t get the Octopus Intelligent tariff unless you use the Ohme charger. It may come later if MG open their API to developers.
I’ve been told that the 3 pin charger should come as standard with the car now. A type 2 as you mention is worth carrying too.
I recommend a small jump start battery pack to keep in the car in case you need to jump your 12v battery - which can happen on EV’s.
A few members have fitted after market rear lighting as it‘s a bit dark in the back of the car.
If you plan on longer journeys there are a few journey planner apps worth a look. ABRP is one that is well known and worth considering.

Reading posts it seemed mudflaps reduced debris dust etc being thrust into the front sill areas. Protectors were more for scratches etc.

mbrMRpO.jpg

Sorry in advance for this but perhaps;
A small hammer to keep in car to break glass if locked in
A tray to slide under the car when parked to catch drips..
A body building course to build arm muscles to fight LKA when you forget to disable it..
🙂
Enough of the joviality.
😂 I will hope I don't need these!
I’m not seeing that much about rattles in the car - so it should be fine.
If you‘re with Octopus remember that at the moment you can’t get the Octopus Intelligent tariff unless you use the Ohme charger. It may come later if MG open their API to developers.
Yes, we will be on Go for now.
I recommend a small jump start battery pack to keep in the car in case you need to jump your 12v battery - which can happen on EV’s.
That's interesting, I had thought about this but wasn't sure it was justified, but it does seem like a common problem.
A few members have fitted after market rear lighting as it‘s a bit dark in the back of the car.
Might do this in future. Very rarely have rear seat passengers, so it isn't a priority for us.
If you plan on longer journeys there are a few journey planner apps worth a look. ABRP is one that is well known and worth considering.
Thanks. Forgot to say I already have Zap-Map too.

That's interesting, I had thought about this but wasn't sure it was justified, but it does seem like a common problem.

To put it in perspective It is not a common problem but there is instances of it happening as in any vehicle. It's because you cannot push/tow start an EV that this becomes a necessary evil if drain does occur and you cannot jump start from another vehicle. I have one for exactly this reason so no harm in having it as a just in case

Yes - don’t keep it in the boot if you do get one as you might struggle to get to it if 12v is flat. Keep it in the passenger area somewhere.

Mine doesn't rattle, so I don't need the felt. :)

The mudflaps I got from Ali are just fine. I've done over 1,000 miles with them fitted without any issues, including bumpy roads and motorways (i.e. high speed).

Hi folks,

So she is due to be collected 4th March, we already have a Zappi and a printed manual (thanks @Sloucher!) but want else do I need?

I assume we will get given a granny charger. We have got Electroverse cards from Octopus.

This is our first EV. On my list so far is:
  • Mats and boot liner
  • Type2 to Type2 cable (3 phase)
  • Felt to stop the rattles
  • Phone cable of right length
  • Laminated preflight checklist to disable LKA and select preferred settings
  • MG app and Zappi app

What have I forgotten? This feels too short a list! Thanks in advance.
Drive/paving degreaser? 😉

On a more serious note, you’ll be wanting a CB radio installed.

I got a boot liner from AliExpress that I'm very happy with. I'd also recommend a couple micro-fibre cloths - quickly get rid of fingerprints and clear the back window in the mornings.
I found my phone pulled on the cable and put strain on the charger port. A high grip mat for the shelf had helped.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back