MG4 coming soon: what are my essential buys?

I found my phone pulled on the cable and put strain on the charger port. A high grip mat for the shelf had helped.
Try cleaning the mat with methylated spirits just in case the dealer got over enthusiastic with the silicon spray when valeting the car.

Hi folks,

So she is due to be collected 4th March, we already have a Zappi and a printed manual (thanks @Sloucher!) but want else do I need?

I assume we will get given a granny charger. We have got Electroverse cards from Octopus.

This is our first EV. On my list so far is:
  • Mats and boot liner
  • Type2 to Type2 cable (3 phase)
  • Felt to stop the rattles
  • Phone cable of right length
  • Laminated preflight checklist to disable LKA and select preferred settings
  • MG app and Zappi app

What have I forgotten? This feels too short a list! Thanks in advance.
I got the dealer to provide the car mats. And all I have bought is a good quality USB to type 2 cable for AA. I am considering buying a Type 2 charging cable for the odd occasion I might need one.

• Mats and boot liner
Yep
  • Type2 to Type2 cable (3 phase)
If you feel you’ll use it. I’ve had one for three months and only used it once. I charge at home or the odd rapid if needed. Depends on your own circumstances.
  • Felt to stop the rattles
In my experience, not required. No rattles whatsoever.
  • Phone cable of right length
Yep, or if you want to save the £s gather a normal length one up and tape to the underside of the floating shelf.
  • Laminated preflight checklist to disable LKA and select preferred settings
Aye, good one. I take it this is in jest!
  • MG app and Zappi app
Yep.

You might want other things for usefulness or aesthetics but don’t necessarily need anything else.

Felt to stop the rattles
In my experience, not required. No rattles whatsoever.
I do this with every new car because we tend to put things in all the storage areas and they inevitably rattle if not lined. Some people have reported rattles from the sunglasses holder and ventilation system as well.

as you are in Devon, a rear windows sticker - "I am not a witch with my fumeless people carriage" ;)
Quite. I'll explain that it is me pedalling.

1676647165551.png

I also had mudguards, main screen protector film, door sill protectors and bonnet rear lip protector rubber, all from Ali ready for the car...perhaps a bit overboard but 🤷‍♂️
I always put a matte screen protector (as for a tablet) on as soon as I get my cars - can't put up with the glare!

Ours will be here on 4th March as well.( well wife's red trophy)
On 11th March car is going for paint detailing, PPF on the plastics and 2 coats of ceramic coating, detailer has requested that dealer does not wash the car he wants it dust, dirt and all.
I have some looped sticky tabs that will take small cable ties to keep the usb cables tidy & out of the way under the tray.( no cables rattling ).
Have 2 dash cams which will be installed.
Mats with red trim ( from carmats.co.uk).

Next on list are the protectors for the sills and boot, along with the felt liners for the plastic trays.
Rear lights - To be decided.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 538 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel