MG4 considerations and comparisons: Infotainment, options and more

Primaking

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Hello MG EV enthusiasts,

As an electric car enthusiast myself, I'm considering adding an MG4, among a list of potential electric vehicles for 2024.
I've also got my attention on the Hyundai Kona 2, Fiat 500, Opel Moka, new Peugeot 2008, and the BYD Atto 3.

I've spent a fair amount of time perusing the forum and notice that several members have reported issues with the MG4's infotainment system, citing bugs, an outdated UI, and less than ideal fluidity. While I understand that no vehicle is perfect, I am hoping to find a balance of features and user experience in my next car. Has anyone experienced these issues recently or have they been resolved in the latest software updates? And are there any plans for a refresh of the interface to improve its usability?

In terms of advantages, I'm trying to understand how the MG4 stacks up against the other models. One feature that caught my attention with the MG4 is the 360-degree camera. I know that some other models also have this, but is there any difference in terms of resolution, accuracy, or overall utility? Also, if there are other stand-out features of the MG4, such as unique security enhancements or options that you won't find in the other models mentioned, I would love to hear your feedback.

I am also eager to know what MG might have in store for us with the upcoming 2024 model.
Are there any hints or confirmed updates about new features, enhancements, or improvements? Maybe, an improved range, better charging speed, advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), or other innovations?

In general, I am hoping to gather real-world opinions and insights to inform my decision. After all, the best reviews often come from those who drive these cars every day.

Thank you in advance for any feedback you can provide. I look forward to joining the MG EV community in the near future and contributing my own insights as well.

Welcome to the forum!

You might find this thread useful, because the OP asked a fairly similar question to you.

When making your decision you need to take into consideration that the specifications for each country are not the same. I know from Facebook that the base model in Turkey come with 16 inch steel wheels for example.

You also need to find a good dealer who is prepared to make sure the car is prepared and updated properly and not just fob you off by saying they are all like that.

Hello MG EV enthusiasts,

As an electric car enthusiast myself, I'm considering adding an MG4, among a list of potential electric vehicles for 2024.
I've also got my attention on the Hyundai Kona 2, Fiat 500, Opel Moka, new Peugeot 2008, and the BYD Atto 3.

I've spent a fair amount of time perusing the forum and notice that several members have reported issues with the MG4's infotainment system, citing bugs, an outdated UI, and less than ideal fluidity. While I understand that no vehicle is perfect, I am hoping to find a balance of features and user experience in my next car. Has anyone experienced these issues recently or have they been resolved in the latest software updates? And are there any plans for a refresh of the interface to improve its usability?
I wouldn't say it is outdated. There are bugs in it, for sure, and whether they affect you depends: for example Trophy models have bluetooth issues at the moment but they don't affect me as I always plug in my phone for CarPlay.

MG are making progress with updates but they are not there yet. The usability is good for the most part but there are some unintuitive parts, however you quickly adapt to them once you figure them out.
In terms of advantages, I'm trying to understand how the MG4 stacks up against the other models. One feature that caught my attention with the MG4 is the 360-degree camera. I know that some other models also have this, but is there any difference in terms of resolution, accuracy, or overall utility? Also, if there are other stand-out features of the MG4, such as unique security enhancements or options that you won't find in the other models mentioned, I would love to hear your feedback.
360 systems do vary a lot. The Trophy 360 system is adequate but not particularly high resolution or clarity. The reversing camera is pretty good.
I am also eager to know what MG might have in store for us with the upcoming 2024 model.
Are there any hints or confirmed updates about new features, enhancements, or improvements? Maybe, an improved range, better charging speed, advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), or other innovations?
One pedal driving is coming soon with a new update. There are two new models launching in July one with Extended Range (325miles) and higher power, and the XPower version with 4WD, twin motors an sub 4 seconds 0-60.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 529 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back