MG4 Dead !!

Something like this ? ... or should I look for a higher 'peak' output ?

Amazon product ASIN B0BLNJWV6X
Depending on your budget, I would go for the most powerful one that you can afford.
Here is the one that I have, it has a large reachable battery and includes a built in tyre inflator pump.
If you shop around, you can find it cheaper.
Don’t laugh, sometimes QVC the shopping channel have them on a promotion.
Halo is an American brand.

HALO Bolt Compact Portable Car Jump Starter - Car Battery Jump Starter with 2 USB Ports to Charger Devices, Portable Car Charger - Navy https://amzn.eu/d/aE69tzw

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The noco boosters are really good, gb40 onwards. My gb40 will start from a completely dead battery on a 2.5 diesel.

The noco boosters are really good, gb40 onwards. My gb40 will start from a completely dead battery on a 2.5 diesel.
As it happens I am looking at the GB40 as seems to get very good reviews and should also be able to start my wife's 2 litre diesel X1 if it came to it. Bit pricy though !!

As it happens I am looking at the GB40 as seems to get very good reviews and should also be able to start my wife's 2 litre diesel X1 if it came to it. Bit pricy though !!
Buy cheap, buy twice I say !.
I guess something is better than nothing though ?.
Purchase the largest one your budget will allow.
That heavy 2.0 Litre oil burner will take some winding over in cold weather, so you need a decent size pack that can stand the huge drain.
The first time you use it, you will be glad you bought it.
Could save a LONG wait from the recovery people, just to carry out a 30 second jump start.

Buy cheap, buy twice I say !.
I guess something is better than nothing though ?.
Purchase the largest one your budget will allow.
That heavy 2.0 Litre oil burner will take some winding over in cold weather, so you need a decent size pack that can stand the huge drain.
The first time you use it, you will be glad you bought it.
Could save a LONG wait from the recovery people, just to carry out a 30 second jump start.
Very good points.
Given the thousands of good reviews for the GB40 I took the plunge last night ... and hey presto, it's just turned up. Looks like a quality piece of kit and is on charge already !
I did look at eBay and other outlets, but at the moment Amazon was as cheap as anywhere really, so went with what I knew works.
If others are interested .. here is the link to it ..
Amazon product ASIN B015TKUPIC

Loved these reviews too ..

Last edited:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 537 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video