MG4 dimensions compared to a Ford Focus

Ian Key

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Just out of interest I thought I'd work out size wise how the MG4 compared to my Ford Focus and thought others might be interested. It turns out externally they are pretty close. Load area is another story.

The MG4 is:
69mm (2.7 inches) shorter
50mm (2 inches) wider
36mm (1.4 inches) higher

The boot capacity of the MG4 is:
Seats up 47 litres more
Seats down 76 litres more

Dimensions aside, the 4 is prettier! 😁 ….. ok ….subjective!

Seems to be a win-win….cheaper to buy, cheaper to run, saving some planet stuff and an environment nutter may not superglue their fingers to your bumper …….maybe.

Guessing the 4 is faster and much more pleasurable to drive, quieter and more sporty in the corners ?

I agre with MG‘s statement that this car is indeed a ‘Disrupter’.

From: Autovergleich. Wählen Sie Marke und Modell für Maße Vergleich

2022-10-08 16-09-28.png

Dimensions aside, the 4 is prettier! 😁 ….. ok ….subjective!

Seems to be a win-win….cheaper to buy, cheaper to run, saving some planet stuff and an environment nutter may not superglue their fingers to your bumper …….maybe.

Guessing the 4 is faster and much more pleasurable to drive, quieter and more sporty in the corners ?

I agre with MG‘s statement that this car is indeed a ‘Disrupter’.
It's going to be a close call on being sportier and handling and it's only about a second quicker 0 to 60 but then I've got a 165bhp Titanium X with the power-shift gearbox :)

It's going to be a close call on being sportier and handling and it's only about a second quicker 0 to 60 but then I've got a 165bhp Titanium X with the power-shift gearbox :)
In my experience EVs will feel a lot heavier in the corners but with not as much body roll. The acceleration will feel a lot better than the 1 second implies, especially in a situation where you would have to change gear first.

In my experience EVs will feel a lot heavier in the corners but with not as much body roll. The acceleration will feel a lot better than the 1 second implies, especially in a situation where you would have to change gear first.
I agree but I don't change gear. My gearbox drives like an automatic but with two electric clutches so the next gear is pre selected by the car and changes immediately with no slippage. Similar to paddle shifts in posh sports cars.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 529 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back