MG4 doesn't save driving mode!?

AdamMGEV

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Ok so I got my Trophy MG4 today. I change it to eco, adaptive regeneration. I turn the car off... it sets it back to Normal and strong regeneration.

I thought @Miles Roberts CG said the MG4 saves your last set mode?

Try Custom mode. I think/hope it will save that.
Dya know what that's what I just set it to thinking it might. But when I got home its absolutely lashing it down so didn't want to get out, lock it and get back in again. So I just ran into the house. So ye that might do it.

If it does then its stupid isn't it, if you set it you want to keep it. If you set any setting you don't want to have to set it again.

My Regen Oh my MG 4 trophy dont work My satnav don’t work my Apple CarPlay don’t work and I don’t know how to sort it out

My Regen Oh my MG 4 trophy dont work My satnav don’t work my Apple CarPlay don’t work and I don’t know how to sort it out
Oh dear doesn't sound good. Mine all work so I assume yours will. Possibly needs a software update or something?

I actually connected mine to my home WiFi network... no idea if that helps update it or what the point is but I did it anyway

Oh dear doesn't sound good. Mine all work so I assume yours will. Possibly needs a software update or something?

I actually connected mine to my home WiFi network... no idea if that helps update it or what the point is but I did it anyway
How do you do that?

How do you do that?

Swipe left and select "Settings" on second menu screen. "Wireless network" under General and Bluetooth.

Screenshot_20220927-214744_YouTube.jpg

Edit: This is a screenshot shot from the EU Luxury model.

Last edited:
Dya know what that's what I just set it to thinking it might. But when I got home its absolutely lashing it down so didn't want to get out, lock it and get back in again. So I just ran into the house. So ye that might do it.

If it does then its stupid isn't it, if you set it you want to keep it. If you set any setting you don't want to have to set it again.

Do let us know if it remembers the Custom setting - whenever you get time. Thanks.

Do let us know if it remembers the Custom setting - whenever you get time. Thanks.
Just checked and they don't save either.

Very annoying as we were told they would. Can anyone else check? I really don't want to have to go into the setting each time, atleast on the MG5 it was just a flick of a physical switch

I checked this at the dealership yesterday and can confirm that settings are reset each time vehicle is stopped then restarted. This is likely something that could be fixed with a software update but should have 'remembered' preferences at launch

I checked this at the dealership yesterday and can confirm that settings are reset each time vehicle is stopped then restarted. This is likely something that could be fixed with a software update but should have 'remembered' preferences at launch
@Miles Roberts CG I thought you said it saved these settings? Are you able to help with this?

Looking forward to trying some of these trials and tribulations later on this afternoon when I pick mine up. I have been assured that mine has had the software update under the PDI and that everything was checked and there was a “tick” next to all the check lists. What this means in reality, is anyones guess.

Will ask about saving the last setting entered, and feed back later. 👍

Looking forward to trying some of these trials and tribulations later on this afternoon when I pick mine up. I have been assured that mine has had the software update under the PDI and that everything was checked and there was a “tick” next to all the check lists. What this means in reality, is anyones guess.

Will ask about saving the last setting entered, and feed back later. 👍
Great thanks. I asked about the software update and they just said its got the latest

It's been confirmed that it doesn't save the setting, very disappointed. Hope a software update can fix that
Trust me, after initial disappointment, you will very, very soon gets of this. Especially assign the drive modes a the star button.

Throughly great car to drive. Their will be disappointment for me over the coming weeks, but I can already see the Pros masssivley outweigh the cons.

Really fantastic drive back from Lincoln today

Trust me, after initial disappointment, you will very, very soon gets of this. Especially assign the drive modes a the star button.

Throughly great car to drive. Their will be disappointment for me over the coming weeks, but I can already see the Pros masssivley outweigh the cons.

Really fantastic drive back from Lincoln today
Yes great car, everything else is great and yes you can assign drove modes but I wanted to custom it and save it. I just don't understand why it would save everything else and not this. Did they not learn from the ZS and MG5?

Am I right that if you assign the drive modes to the star button that you can't toggle regen without using the control panel? You have to pick one?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 502 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back