MG4 Door Contact Heights?

Halyon

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hi,

Bit of an odd question but I'm wondering if any folks on here have done something similar and know the answer.

I've ordered a Trophy MG4 (MY2023) which I'll be getting in a few weeks. Our driveway has reasonable space but a brick wall on either side so it's not hard to accidentally catch a door when opening it. I'm thinking of installing some rubber / foam bumpers on each wall to prevent damage to the car when it arrives. Does anybody know the (approximate) door contact heights for the front and rear door? I'm trying to work out if they would contact the wall at drastically different heights (necessitating 2 bumpers per wall, at 2 different heights for the front/rear door contact points) or if they'd contact the wall at roughly the same height and I could get away with a single bumper.

I'm hoping to order materials and prep everything so it's ready to mount as soon as the car arrives and knowing this would really help me out. Thanks!

The front door black trim at the bottom touches a wall first and is at 300mm high (and prevents any paintwork touching the wall) but the rear door would hit the wall at 880mm high. So you may only need to bother about the rear doors.

Thanks ChrisR, Anon70 for your replies. That's let me order what I hope is the right quantity of materials to make up some wall guards, will update you next week when I have the car!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back