MG4 Driver Drowsiness Detection steering wheel camera

idna742

Standard Member
Reaction score
I picked up my MG4 Trophy on Friday and I’m loving it so far! I’ve been waiting for it since October so I’ve watched plenty of YouTube videos about the car since I placed the order. One thing I noticed is that on the review videos, there is a sensor/camera on the steering wheel which points at the driver as part of the Driver Drowsiness Detection feature. But on my MG4, this sensor is missing.
I’m not that fussed about the feature, but I’m wondering if anyone knows if they have changed the design on the latest batch of the MG4 Trophy or if this could be a manufacturing error?
So if you have recently collected your MG4 Trophy, does your Steering Wheel have the Driver Drowsiness Detection sensor on it or not?

I picked up my MG4 Trophy on Friday and I’m loving it so far! I’ve been waiting for it since October so I’ve watched plenty of YouTube videos about the car since I placed the order. One thing I noticed is that on the review videos, there is a sensor/camera on the steering wheel which points at the driver as part of the Driver Drowsiness Detection feature. But on my MG4, this sensor is missing.
I’m not that fussed about the feature, but I’m wondering if anyone knows if they have changed the design on the latest batch of the MG4 Trophy or if this could be a manufacturing error?
So if you have recently collected your MG4 Trophy, does your Steering Wheel have the Driver Drowsiness Detection sensor on it or not?

They have changed it and removed the Driver Attention Camera.

Mein Trophy was collected the first week of April, and built some time in January, it doesn't have it.

I have test driven a MG4 trophy this morning brand new and unregistered and there wasn’t any Driver Drowsiness detection sensor fitted. When I asked the sales agent about it she confirmed that it had been done away with on the newer models.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back